Create all-star metal band

I wasn't talking about guitar wanking, I was talking about overall musicianship, tightness in the playing (not only leads, rythms too) and writing. About the whole musician. Not only about wankfest. Devin Townsend is indeed a great player and musician, but imho Jari is better.

I refuse to give this one up :lol: Anyway, I hope you understood I meant all his projects but mainly his solo project. So I guess It's pretty unfair to judge between them when they are so different genres.

I think I am biased because I don't like Wintersun. I find it a bit cheesy. (not because it wouldn't be heavy enough, I am listening to Porcupine Tree right now so i doubt that would be a problem) :lol:

You fucked up on the first line :lol: Rusty Cooley's extremely fast, but that's it. He's written some average enojable music, but mostly he's just a guitar wanker. An extremely skilled guitar wanker, but a wanker still. But hey it's everyone's all star band, so nothing to say :)

+9001.

He is the wanker of all wankers. Quite honestly, much of his shred is more nintendo sounds than music. More than Dragonforce could ever be!

I refuse to give this one up :lol: Anyway, I hope you understood I meant all his projects but mainly his solo project. So I guess It's pretty unfair to judge between them when they are so different genres.

I think I am biased because I don't like Wintersun. I find it a bit cheesy. (not because it wouldn't be heavy enough, I am listening to Porcupine Tree right now so i doubt that would be a problem) :lol:

Wintersun was hard for me to get into at first too. I heard they were good so I downloaded there album years ago and I had my playlist on shuffle and Battle Against Time came on and I was like HOLY BALLS THIS IS AWESOME WHO THE FUCK?!

Jari's singing can be very cheesy, yes, but the more you get into them you start to realize just how powerful his voice actually is.

I aspire to be the best guitar player I can, but I'm going to have to be honest with myself and admit I don't think I'll ever be able to play the Death And The Healing solo, or right rythyms as crazy as battle against time.

He is the wanker of all wankers. Quite honestly, much of his shred is more nintendo sounds than music. More than Dragonforce could ever be!

I get annoyed everytime I listen to him. He's just so tasteless and bland. Some people say it's just because he's so fast and yeah that is part of it, but look at Jason Becker and Yngwie, or maybe even Batio. All three of them are super shredders but they manage to keep some taste to their music instead of "hey lookit what I can doooo!!"

Well that pretty much sums it up :lol: But anyway, to the matter is to say that I do know more than SYL, e.g. his vocals on Vai's Down Deep Into Pain or something like that, which were quite awesome, but I still think Jari pwns him, and I'm not a big Jari defender actually. I like Wintersun, but they don't make it to my top 10 and I don't think even to my top 20. But Jari is great.

Wintersun was hard for me to get into at first too. I heard they were good so I downloaded there album years ago and I had my playlist on shuffle and Battle Against Time came on and I was like HOLY BALLS THIS IS AWESOME WHO THE FUCK?!

Jari's singing can be very cheesy, yes, but the more you get into them you start to realize just how powerful his voice actually is.

I aspire to be the best guitar player I can, but I'm going to have to be honest with myself and admit I don't think I'll ever be able to play the Death And The Healing solo, or right rythyms as crazy as battle against time.

Yeah, the problem is...I WAS into them for a short while. It was just another one of those bands I listened to for a short while. I still like the solo to Winter Madness though.

Well that pretty much sums it up :lol: But anyway, to the matter is to say that I do know more than SYL, e.g. his vocals on Vai's Down Deep Into Pain or something like that, which were quite awesome, but I still think Jari pwns him, and I'm not a big Jari defender actually. I like Wintersun, but they don't make it to my top 10 and I don't think even to my top 20. But Jari is great.

Yeah that too and his super awesome solo project. Which are the ones that I really dig :) Anyway, everyone to themselves!

Here goes my next try...more realistic i guess

Vocals: Thelema 6 era Nergal
Lead Guitar: Alexi Laiho
Rhythm Guitar and Backing Vocals: Markus Johansson
Bass: Tobias Gustafsson
Drums: Anders Jivarp
Keys:Martin Brändström

This band would be called "The Behemoth of Bodom at the Eucharist of Tranquility" lol.

Vocals:James Hetfield and Chronos of Venom, Pre Clayman Anders, and Tomas from ATG
Lead Guitar 1:Alexi Laiho
Lead Guitar 2:Kerry King
Lead Guitar 3: Kirk Hammet
Soloist: Dimebag
Rhythm: Nergal
Bass: Cliff Burtion
Drums: Dave Lombardo
Custom Percussion: Shawn "Clown" Crahan
Keys: Janne, and Mustis
Female Vocals: Sarah Jezabel Deva

.....Fuck you my band can have as many people as i want, living or dead.

I'm taking this approach to things....

Lead Vocalists: Philip Labonte, Christian Älvestam, Alissa White-Gluz
Backing Clean Vocalists: Cristina Scabbia, ICS Vortex
Backing Death Vocalists: Benny Hilleke, Laura Nichol
Backing Black Vocalist: Abbath
Lead Guitarists: Gus G., Buz McGrath, Doc Coyle
Rhythm Guitarists: Scott Ian, Daniel Antonsson, Galder
Bassists: Mike D'Antonio, Marco Hietala, Karin Axelsson
Drummers: Andols Herrick, Frost, Vinnie Paul Abbott
Keyboardists: Sven Karlsson, Ashley Ellyllon, Marco Sneck

This is what's called overdoing it :lol:

Although wouldnt that band be a blast to see live?????

Really? You may as well throw in Zakk Wylde, Ozzy and Cunt Ulrich and have an asshole party in there :lol: I'm sorry, I just hate the guy :p

Now YouTube isn't loading, but e.g. the vid of the Firewind song where he's the only one featured playing with 8743873478503984753 cabinets. What, you don't need bass player and drummer and so on? Then don't even get them on the band.

Really? You may as well throw in Zakk Wylde, Ozzy and Cunt Ulrich and have an asshole party in there :lol: I'm sorry, I just hate the guy :p

Zakk Wylde is a cool guy, I read a story once of when he did one of those guitar instruction things for kids at a store, and one kid would be chosen at the end to get a free guitar. The kid who won chose Zakk's signature LP with EMGs and the store said it wasn't covered, that he couldn't have it. Zakk argued with the people at the store and eventually paid for the guitar himself, with his own money.

Now YouTube isn't loading, but e.g. the vid of the Firewind song where he's the only one featured playing with 8743873478503984753 cabinets. What, you don't need bass player and drummer and so on? Then don't even get them on the band.

Fire and the Fury?
I love the first half of that song :kickass:
The second half is just wankery though :mad: