Create your own Symphony X setlist

I'll all for playing some rarities and old songs as well, but to be perfectly honest...if I saw them play this setlist? I'd be pretty uninterested.

A few staples is (in my opinion) good, because I don't dislike a song just because it's more popular. With the exceptions of a few songs (Dragon's Den, Candelight, Relic, and TEoF), that setlist would annoy the living hell out of me.

I understand what you're saying. It's not that I don't enjoy lots, if not most of what they do play, but rather my dream setlist would have to consist of songs I'd most likely not have many chances of seeing.

However, I would suggest that some of the "older" songs, or "rarities" could potentially become crowd favorites if given the chance. Certainly the popular songs are popular because they are great songs, but perhaps also because they are the songs that get played the most.

I agree with you about the "popular" songs they always play. I'd be perfectly content with never hearing Inferno, Sea of Lies, Smoke and Mirrors, Evolution, and Of Sins and Shadows again. I also agree with you about some of the older songs becoming crowd favorites if given the chance (quick heavy songs come to mind like Dressed to Kill or The Damnation Game). However, I agree with the band that they'd rather play the new stuff. It's the album they're trying to promote most, they've never played it before, and it's really good. Hell, if they played Paradise Lost in its entirety and threw an epic song like The Odyssey or Divine Wings on as the encore, I'd be in heaven.

This might be somewhat reasonable....or this might sound like some random mix i would like to hear.Lol anyways keep in mind i tried to spread out songs from most of their discography

On the Breath of Poseidon (as an intro)
A fools Paradise
Set the World on Fire
Domination
Awakenings
Candlelight Fantasia
Out of the Ashes
Pharoah
Sonata(that leads into In the Dragons Den)
The Relic
and to finish off the night both Accolades or Through the Looking Glass