Creating MIDI drums!

PlaguesTheBand

New Metal Member
Sep 14, 2013
So we have a drum track, it is clear enough to transcribe, but not the quality that we would like. Treat it as practice with programmed drums, thank you!

Here's the link to the raw track.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zl44oehi9rnzkf1/Plagues Deliver Drum Track.wav

Information:
Song is in 3/4 time, roughly 5 minutes in length. It's a metalcore song, so if you could make the drums fit that genre that would be perfect. The track above is with real drums. If you could make each drum an individual track so we could tweak it that would be great, but if not it's fine.

Thanks again!

Hmmmm. Well I can't really do that because I used a single unit tascam with built in mics for this, so there is no DAW at all. But I downloaded it, and it worked fine.

I'm confused here. You uploaded a .wav file, but you want someone to make each drum an individual track? Go home, you're drunk.

I'm confused here. You uploaded a .wav file, but you want someone to make each drum an individual track? Go home, you're drunk.

No, he wants someone to program drums to match this. Each programmed drum will be on a separate track (I.e. kick on one, snare on another, etc) so he can process each drum individually.

It's actually possible to take a single track of a drum kit and separate it out into individual MIDI tracks using Melodyne. Using the percussive algorithm, you can move different hits such as kick, snare, etc. onto different "notes" and then export them as MIDI files. If you use Presonus Studio One with integrated Melodyne, this is an especially effective task.

My bad dude, I was thinking the file was messed up, it's fine. If I have some time i may give it a shot. :)