Creative Slump

cbb2

Lazy bum.
Jun 9, 2006
I'm going to make a website, and I'm not going to lie. . .I just need a place that I can stuff full of ads and hopefully make some money. The problem is that I basically have no idea what kind of site to make.

Any ideas?

Well, if you want a website with enough bandwidth to actually generate money from ads you're gonna have to pay lots for bandwidth or host your own server, which isn't cheap. In other words, you can't just make any random site and expect people to want to advertise on it. Even if you do end up getting ads you'd stil need a pretty big following for your site to make money.

Well, if you want a website with enough bandwidth to actually generate money from ads you're gonna have to pay lots for bandwidth or host your own server, which isn't cheap. In other words, you can't just make any random site and expect people to want to advertise on it. Even if you do end up getting ads you'd stil need a pretty big following for your site to make money.

That's a really good point. The hosting service I was intending to use was "Freewebs" because I've used them before, but I didn't need to worry about bandwidth before. For free, I'll only get 100 MB a month. That's probably not enough, is it? I'm good with computers and familiar with web-design, but not really with the actual process of putting up a web-page, getting it hosted, etc. I mean, I know how to, but I'm not sure of exactly what I'd need in terms of bandwidth for a site that I actually expect people to view (unlike my last one, which was basically a dump for files that I linked to on my myspace page).

Do you know of any good (but free) hosting services that give a decent amount of bandwidth?

Try to create a Meetic : Emo Edition

What's a "meetic?"

I'm going to make a website, and I'm not going to lie. . .I just need a place that I can stuff full of ads and hopefully make some money. The problem is that I basically have no idea what kind of site to make.

Any ideas?

DrSlump02.jpg