ideas for a music related website(?)

vikk

Nov 29, 2005
as part of my graduation i have to come up with a website, so i thought a music/audio site would fit me better.

So i was wondering if you guys have any ideas, or something that could be improved in other sites, or something is missing, something you would want to see, etc... it can be music related, bands, audio (tecnology), production, whatever.

Is not meant to be something revolutionary, über-interesting, or to make money, but something relatively new, for the graduation it must be up and running. It will probably be built with Flash and some Java mainly.

thanks ^^

Make an auto tune website, that's easy to use, all you have to do is upload your shitty singing, move around some dials and sliders and there you have it. Frank Sinatra.

Video-supported site about how to build the same music rig as ????. Ex: you wanna sound like Alexi? First, get yourself the ABQ + ALX then...seriously, I don't know... Macharius88 proposed a very interesting idea. If you don't do it, somebody will become rich instead of you.

Mabye you can program it in Actionscript...but it's prolly feasable in Java.

Actionscript is pretty worthless when it comes to making an actual program. And its even worse when it comes to sound :p It's an awesome language to make flash games and movies with, but its really limited to that.

Java on the other hand would be fine to make such a program, but you really need to be very skilled with it to be able to pull it off

Well, a very patentable idea has been let to slip through my grasp once again. Leaving me to my fail attempt to successfully run a sedan on the hopes and dreams of orphans. It will go fast.

i was thinking about doing something with non-signed bands, but there are tons of those around =/

^ It'd be reeeally difficult to do that.

The "build the rig" idea sounds good. Or you could try making sth like a metal-oriented "pandora".

Have a thing where there's a quiz about what bands you like and stuff, then it suggests gear to get a simmilar sound. Kind of an expansion on the build a rig idea.

Make a banner that you can play music on. Not really revolutionary or missing from 100% of band websites but I always liked them and they're easy as shit to make. If you want I can send you one as a template.

Have a thing where there's a quiz about what bands you like and stuff, then it suggests gear to get a simmilar sound. Kind of an expansion on the build a rig idea.

Make a banner that you can play music on. Not really revolutionary or missing from 100% of band websites but I always liked them and they're easy as shit to make. If you want I can send you one as a template.

nice, i could implement the banner and the quiz somewhere. But the project should be bigger and more complicated. I'm so screwed.

a combo of youtube and redtube would be nice...
you should make a site where starting bands can orgy their way into fame... you pimp them out for shows... pretty soon an american reality show wil be derived from it and you're settled for life

also: you should call it bluetube or blacktube

no thanks

^Are you, perchance, about 14 days into the menstrual cycle? :p

Actionscript is pretty worthless when it comes to making an actual program. And its even worse when it comes to sound :p It's an awesome language to make flash games and movies with, but its really limited to that.

Java on the other hand would be fine to make such a program, but you really need to be very skilled with it to be able to pull it off

Not with java, java is ridiculous. You would have to be reasonably skilled in signal analysis, however.