Crimson Glory Set: Vocalist update

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Crimson
Glory is pleased to announce the addition of vocalist Todd LaTorre to their
lineup of guest singers for this year’s ProgPowerUSA X performance.

“Todd really fell out of
the sky,” says Crimson Glory lead guitarist Jon Drenning.“He was recommended to us only a few weeks ago by Matt
LaPorte (Guitar/Jon Oliva’s Pain) and when he came into the picture, he was totally unfamiliar with our material and style.Ironically, so was Midnight when he was first brought into the band. There are a lot of similarities
between the two, actually.Naturally, we were skeptical, but Todd was able to come in with literally two days to prepare, and he knocked out four songs in a row better than any of us had heard them sound in a very long time. Indeed, he is a man of extraordinary talent and we are all very impressed and looking forward to sharing his abilities with our fans at ProgPower.”

When Todd was asked what this experience means to him he replied, “My life-long dream is materializing before my eyes.It is an honor to be practicing with the legendary and critically acclaimed Crimson Glory for this event paying tribute to Midnight, and to be recognized and surrounded by such great talent and fans.”

Todd La Torre Bio:
Todd La Torre was born and raised in Florida, where he presently lives with his wife of eight years, Suthinee.

His attraction to music began with his first drumset at the age of seven.His formal training with the acoustic guitar began at ten. Todd
continued with both drums and electric guitar throughout high school, where he was a member of the school band as well as various local rock bands. He
began writing music at just fourteen and continues to this day.While
trained at an early age at both, he went on to specialize with drums and
vocals.

Todd was raised in a primarily musical family and was exposed to all genres of
music, finally favoring heavy and progressive metal.Todd’s approach to writing stems from his life experiences, as well as good old-fashioned heart and soul. He believes that, although other instruments are tools which create mood, nothing delivers like an emotional voice.Knowing this, Todd’s passion for singing was assured.

With the lower vocal range of Peter Steele (Type O Negative), the vibrato of Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden), and the gritty high range screams of Rob Halford (Judas Priest), Todd delivers a broad spectrum of vocal finesse to the mic.

He has recently been practicing with Crimson Glory in Sarasota, Florida, in preparation for the Progpower Festival in Atlanta, GA, Sept. 11th.

Interesting. I do love Peter Steele.

I am curious, though, how it can be a lifelong dream for him to sing with a band that he was totally unfamiliar with until recently. ;p

I am curious, though, how it can be a lifelong dream for him to sing with a band that he was totally unfamiliar with until recently. ;p

Maybe he means performing at a event like ProgPower is his dream.Saying someone can sing like the singers mentioned above is a VERY BOLD statement to me,hope he lives up to it.....

I was just thinking the same exact thing.

PR professionals... unbelievable....

Now let me go back to work and write a press release for a client here...

:lol:

The lifelong dream would be to perform onstage. And i think the references to his singing are based on his influences. Why do people bash each other! There are a lot of crappy singers in metal nowdays, so why dont we give this dude a chance and go see the show! then we can make a judgement..

I was just thinking the same exact thing.

PR professionals... unbelievable....

Now let me go back to work and write a press release for a client here...

:lol:

Oh, snap! You really told... uh... yourself... :lol: :lol:

As far as this Todd guy... the description sounds exactly like someone I would enjoy. There aren't enough metal singers out there with a low-pitched range and powerful vocals.

The lifelong dream would be to perform onstage. And i think the references to his singing are based on his influences. Why do people bash each other! There are a lot of crappy singers in metal nowdays, so why dont we give this dude a chance and go see the show! then we can make a judgement..

I think I missed the bashing part on this thread.

l had sincerely hoped to make it Saturday. But l'm currently in Anchorage doing some consulting work...and it looks like the holiday next week is going to keep me here. Bummer...considering l've been to at least 1 night every year since II except in '06 when l missed the whole deal while working in Russia.

l had sincerely hoped to make it Saturday. But l'm currently in Anchorage doing some consulting work...and it looks like the holiday next week is going to keep me here. Bummer...considering l've been to at least 1 night every year since II except in '06 when l missed the whole deal while working in Russia.

It really is a bummer. I was actually hoping to see you there and have a chat. Maybe next year.

(I am not being sarcastic)

I was going to make this year different than previous years. In the past l've been content just going to the fest for the bands...that has been the draw for me. Plus most years l'm basically just passing through GA on my way somewhere...hence the reason l only get to pick one night of the event to attend. But, I was hoping to actually take the time and meet some people this year...John, JDub, & you in particular. Next year l really need to work on my priorities. ;)

It really is a bummer. I was actually hoping to see you there and have a chat. Maybe next year.

(I am not being sarcastic)

I was going to make this year different than previous years. In the past l've been content just going to the fest for the bands...that has been the draw for me. Plus most years l'm basically just passing through GA on my way somewhere...hence the reason l only get to pick one night of the event to attend. But, I was hoping to actually take the time and meet some people this year...John, JDub, & you in particular. Next year l really need to work on my priorities. ;)

So. Hell freezes over.

But, I was hoping to actually take the time and meet some people this year...John, JDub, & you in particular. Next year l really need to work on my priorities. ;)

Bummed you won't be there this year, hope to meet you next year! :headbang:
Get working on those days off for 2010! ;)

Oh, and LOL @ Magius' comment.... :lol: