Crises. Heard of this band?

Ultima Ibanez Overlord

-=The Dude Abides=-
Mar 17, 2002
999 letsby avenue
www.mp3.com
Have you heard of Crises?

They're a fantastic Progressive Rock band based in Germany.
If you like things that are a little lighter than Sym' X but with fantastic musicianship and pretty damned complex composition, you should check them out.

If you go to www.crises.de you can download a few of their tracks and listen to clips of others.
I will buy one of their album soon, these guys need to get a deal!!

I simply cannot recommend this band enough!

These guys sound really good!!! The best I've heard in quite a while actually! Their albums are now on my most wanted-list...!(along with too many other albums already... *sigh* I need to win some money or something...)
Thanks for the tip man! This sounds awesome! :)

Cool, let me know what you think of it. I must get their CD. Their stuff is very close to the sort of music I'd love to make. If only they could cram some fusion ideas in there...
drool.gif

They are on their way to become a great band I think. I listened to 'In a Jar', but imho it lacks power behind their riffs. It's like some guy who wants to sell something and gently taps you on the shoulder to ask you to spend some of your time listening to what he has to say. SX on the other hand just SLAMS you in the TEETH. *BAM* They're here, listen or get the hell out.
I hope it will come the more the band progresses. I think we'll hear more of these dudes.
But their site plain sucks :)

I thought their site was pretty ok, actually.

Has anyone seen Tony Macalpine's site? It's absolutely abysmal. Apart from having next to f all on it, it looks like crap.

@Gulder: check out some of the other clips. They do some pretty rocking stuff, too.

Finally got to listen.

@ Gulder: I echo your thought. They need more "OOMPH", the keys need to be more foreground and the vocalist needs a wee bit more power. I listened to Choices (faders up, please, more bass!, lame, lame vocals), In A Jar (nice melodies, the bridge sucks) and The Blame (nice guitar), but neither of those tracks floored me. They have talent though, nonetheless. A raspier tone for the vocalist would do one trick... or a new vocalist, perhaps?

@Ultima: Yeah, Tony's site still looks like crap! He needs a decent webmaster - soon! ;)