Crit This! [MAY UPLOAD RAW FILES]

Hey guys. Might be a little late to the party, but here is my mix! This is the first mix I've had the balls to put up on the site. Let me know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/pattarpey89/focus

I like this mix a lot at first hear. The only thing is that snare drum is fucking opressive to my ears. I love snares that go POP but this one has that really harsh attack at the start that disconnect it from the rest of the mix. It's like the amount of high end it has is distracting compared to the rest of the mix. Also, I'm sure you use all software compressors which have a tendency to do weird shit to transients sometimes when you're really hitting them. Bass and Gtrs are A+ though. Vocals are cool but could be a little bigger I guess? That's merely preference, your vox compliment your mix well.

I like this mix a lot at first hear. The only thing is that snare drum is fucking opressive to my ears. I love snares that go POP but this one has that really harsh attack at the start that disconnect it from the rest of the mix. It's like the amount of high end it has is distracting compared to the rest of the mix. Also, I'm sure you use all software compressors which have a tendency to do weird shit to transients sometimes when you're really hitting them. Bass and Gtrs are A+ though. Vocals are cool but could be a little bigger I guess? That's merely preference, your vox compliment your mix well.

Thanks for the feedback! And yes, sadly everything I do is in the box and my monitoring situation is less than ideal : / I'll revisit the snare and maybe swap out the compressor