Crit this mix/mobile Dropbox test

Tommy Evans

Jul 19, 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado
http://db.tt/CiaOCO79

Just got mobile Dropbox so I'm testing to see of a link will work in a forum setting.

I'm asking two things:
If you can actually open the link successfully,
And how the mix inside sounds.

I've been using new samples and processing techniques and personally I feel this mix kicks ass, but I'm def probably missing a few things that will clean it up a bit. What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

It opens as a download, not a stream which is a tad annoying!

Mix sounds amazing through my headphones, care to share the samples? :p

Hm so a direct link to it would still be the preferred method. Fair enough, at least I know it works so thanks for testing it.

And thanks for nice words man I appreciate it. Samples are 'Sneap Kick', 'Sneap Snare', and the 'Chimaira Toms'. All of them are from Erkans META upload from years ago lol. Figured I'd dig em up and see what I could do with them. I plan on changing the snare tho. Cymbals are Sturgis 'Truth Emerald Customs'.

Yeah definitely, I know some people may like having the download link... but all you have to do is just right click the direct link and save as.

Ahh I have them samples, I haven't figured out how to trigger cymbals yet... still using Superior D: Thanks though man!

^^^Not a prob for me as this is 100% programmed haha. I haven't humanized anything yet. Not sure there's a solid way to trigger cymbals without something stupid happening though. that's not something I've ever tried but peeps talk about it sometimes on the forum and I believe that's where most people stand on it. It just plain doesn't work most times.

yea I'd change that snare. it has a nice attack (most likely from a transient plugin you're using on it) and a nice low end punch, but it needs some crack.

great mix overall though! the only other thing is that the guitars need editing, but I'm sure u just haven't gotten around to that yet, i know it can be a bitch!

the guitars sound a bit dark since you're compensating for a lack of bass. but your drum sound is perfect. I'd say either get a bass or get Trillian. The mix will never sound full without bass. As the for the guitars I'd say they could use some tube saturation to sound fuller, SPL TwinTube is a plug-in I can't live without.

Can you believe the guitars are a sm57 on a Peavey Classic 30 ha. Thanks man, I've never been satisfied with my drum sounds but awesome! I have Trillian, just haven't got round to installing it or trying it out yet as I've been busy with uni. I'll get round to checking out TwinTube too, thanks a lot :)

Hardcore bass hah awesome, cheers. I might have a go at it tomorrow sometime.

I sold the classic 30 unfortunately, lovely amp just way too loud for home use! Tried a VHT Special 6 Ultra yesterday, nice cleans but the overdrive can sound like ass so I think I'm gonna send it back.