Critique this mix - Drop G Two-Step/Hardcore

this is awesome.

the guitars are so clear. what are they?

thanks,

EDIT: in fact, any info you can give me about this mix would be great, i fucking love it.

Thanks! Guitar was a Schecter C-7 with a Dimarzio D-Activator in the bridge. Rhythms were quad-tracked and re-amped through a 6505 with a TS7 boost in front. Cab was an Avatar 4x12 w/vintage 30s and miked with a single 57 just to the side of the dustcap.

I just saw that you wanted more info haha. I'll list it out for you.

Drums:
- Orange County Percussion kit recorded live
- Sample replaced hits with Trigger. Kick 15 and 5, Snare 1 and Slate Snare, Quik Toms and Metal Toms. Those were blended and processed further of course to fit the mix.
- Cymbals were all Zildjian A Customs

Bass:
- 5 String Ibanez Soundgear
- Tracked DI into my Profire 2626 and processed with SansAmp PSA-1 and Pod Farm's Bass Driver

Vocals:
- De-Ess
- R-Vox
- CLA-3A
- R-Vox
- De-Ess

Mastering chain:
SSL Master Compressor
Waves C4
Izotope Ozone 4

hooolyyy fuck what an AWESOME TONE! :OMG:

music is not my favorite genre but it's definitively listenable.

thanks for the production details!!!
any chance to get the full PROCESSES
single tracks for this one?

...wish i could hear how the guitars
and bass sound soloed.

cheers
S.

you beat joey sturgis. congratulations. vocals could use some work though, but so does nearly everything sturgis has recorded

Sarcasm I assume? I wasn't really going for anything like a Sturgis production, otherwise I would have included a shit, plastic guitar tone.

Soultrash, I'll put up the solo'd tracks and some more details later when I get back to that session. Thanks for the kind words about the mix man, I appreciate it!

Sarcasm I assume? I wasn't really going for anything like a Sturgis production, otherwise I would have included a shit, plastic guitar tone.

Soultrash, I'll put up the solo'd tracks and some more details later when I get back to that session. Thanks for the kind words about the mix man, I appreciate it!

i dont think insulting joey on here will get you too many fans

i dont think insulting joey on here will get you too many fans

Yeah that probably comes off a little harsh. I just don't want my productions ever falling into the Sturgis fanboy category. It seems like as soon as you use a Slate sample in your work it's automatically a Sturgis knock-off, so I was trying to point out a difference in our works. The guy is a great engineer, just not anybody I want my sound to be emulated from.

touche sir, other than that. the mix is solid good work, i feel the vocals could do with more balls? saturation?

i've listened to this so many times now, the mix is fucking amazing.

the one thing i might have found is an early punch in at 2:55 in the left guitar?

are there any more songs?

thanks,

so me saying you did a better mix than him is sarcasm? dude, get some self-esteem, haha. 'cause I love this shit :)

the reason I keep mentioning joey frequently is because I'm a bit amused by all the kids trying to copy him. he gave birth to a trend, now it's spread like a cancer all over today's music scene. I expanded my clientelle a bit the other week, the guys came in with material sounding like they've listned to Miss May I constantly for 4,5 weeks, then picked up a guitar and started writing. when I asked for some bands to reference they said "Miss May I, The Devil Wears Prada, Asking Alexandria and For The Fallen Dreams". I was like "fuck you, sturgis *facepalm*"

so me saying you did a better mix than him is sarcasm? dude, get some self-esteem, haha. 'cause I love this shit :)

the reason I keep mentioning joey frequently is because I'm a bit amused by all the kids trying to copy him. he gave birth to a trend, now it's spread like a cancer all over today's music scene. I expanded my clientelle a bit the other week, the guys came in with material sounding like they've listned to Miss May I constantly for 4,5 weeks, then picked up a guitar and started writing. when I asked for some bands to reference they said "Miss May I, The Devil Wears Prada, Asking Alexandria and For The Fallen Dreams". I was like "fuck you, sturgis *facepalm*"

Haha alright dude that's my bad. Thanks then!

i've listened to this so many times now, the mix is fucking amazing.

the one thing i might have found is an early punch in at 2:55 in the left guitar?

are there any more songs?

thanks,

Yeah I hear that thing at 2:55. It's basically me not starting a fade early enough on that track before his finger/string noise popped out. Lets hope nobody else spots it since the band decided to roll with this mix as the final :lol:

This is the first track they've done with me kind of as a feeler to see if they'd like the outcome. They really liked this track so there should be more soon bro. The band is called Majesty http://www.facebook.com/pages/Majesty/154272641269627