CRITIQUE THIS MIX

Blakeley Townson

New Metal Member
Oct 11, 2016
soundcloud.com
Just a quick little snippet of a song I'm writing. Trying to get my production value up. Any critiques on what to improve would be lovely. This snippet is very short but I'm mainly trying to make my mixes better. THANKS!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikolas Quemtri
This is really good honestly! The only things I'd change is making the hi-hat just a bit quieter and making the snare a tad snappier (though that could just be my personal preference talking).

Mix is quite good, though a bit harsh in the 3-4kHz region to my taste, but balance is good and the mix is clear, so good job!

Hi!
Regarding the drums:
- The kick is a bit too clicky, which makes it to pop-out of the mix.
- The open hat has some hissy highs.
These are just a couple of things I'd like to improve. Cool mix otherwise! :kickass:

Cool mix! I like the sound.

Some things you can try out:

* 0:10 when the extra guitars come in, I'd try double those and pan them hard.
* 0:20 the boom might become more theatrical with a special effect sound. Try putting a shotgun sound underneath, maybe a bass drop or something like that to enforce the "boom".

In general I'd probably make the drums a little louder, maybe by simply adding in a super compressed room mic to make them sound a little more aggressive. If they are programmed, try adding in ghost hits on the snare.

Again, all of this is just things you can try out. It might sound like shit :)