Cross Purposes & misc.

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I finally picked up Black Sabbath's Cross Purposes, late last week, I found it at Circuit City for a mere $5.99!!!! I also got this Armored Saint DVD in the mail for review, it's a DVD magazine or something, with these live tracks from '84!!!! I haven't check out any of it yet, but just wanted to let you know it was out their...
Also for Hawk & all Priest fans on this forum, you might try to grab a copy of the latest Revolver Magazine, it's a got a nice article on Judas Priest & also this cool centerfold of Halford. You gotta see it!

Well for "Cross Purposes" is a very good underrated album.

sixxswine said:
I finally picked up Black Sabbath's Cross Purposes, late last week, I found it at Circuit City for a mere $5.99!!!!!

I would be willing to bet you enjoy this one pretty well. "Dying for Love" is my second fave Sabbath "ballad" of all time. Both Tonys play their parts in blood. When Tony sings the part "they move as one" you realize though this guy was overshadowed by all of the other vocalists in Sabbath, he was/is a vocal giant.

Bryant

AHHHHHH coolness! :>D

sixxswine said:
I finally picked up Black Sabbath's Cross Purposes, late last week, I found it at Circuit City for a mere $5.99!!!! I also got this Armored Saint DVD in the mail for review, it's a DVD magazine or something, with these live tracks from '84!!!! I haven't check out any of it yet, but just wanted to let you know it was out their...
Also for Hawk & all Priest fans on this forum, you might try to grab a copy of the latest Revolver Magazine, it's a got a nice article on Judas Priest & also this cool centerfold of Halford. You gotta see it!

Oh man, "Dying For Love" is one of my favorite songs, although I think my fav on that album is "Virtual Death."
Tony is my fav for Black Sabbath but Dio is my fav out of it. :}
"But behind their smiles they scream!"

bryant said:
I would be willing to bet you enjoy this one pretty well. "Dying for Love" is my second fave Sabbath "ballad" of all time. Both Tonys play their parts in blood. When Tony sings the part "they move as one" you realize though this guy was overshadowed by all of the other vocalists in Sabbath, he was/is a vocal giant.

Cross Purposes is a good one, just not as good as "The Headless Cross", "Tyr", and "The Eternal Idol". My buddy and I saw them at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago during a ridiculous blizzard in January 1994 (I think was the year). We barely made it alive, but we made it. The bill was Sabbath, Motorhead, and Morbid Angel (?!!!?). Yeah, I think that qualifies as metal!! :headbang: :headbang: :kickass: :Smokedev: