Crossgrade Protools 8 LE > Protools 9

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
Hi there

I searched here for information about that but found nothing... sorry in advance if there's already answers posted and just gimme the links.

So I have a Digi003 rack (bought as second hand) with PT8 LE. I wanna crossgrade it to PT9. Do I have to uninstall PT8 then install PT9 or simply install PT9 directly?

I have a bunch of plugins such as Music Production Toolkit 2 etc., no problem to use them and/or reopen my old sessions with them? Or do I have to reinstall them on by one??

Also, the former owner gave me his iLok with MPTK2 and a licence of PT9 that expires next March (I don't wanna use it coz I'm afraid this will bring shit when I'll install the permanent licence) So I guess the number of the Digi003 was registered to get the trial licence. Do you think I'll get some problem when I'll crossgrade Protools??

Thanks!

I just crossgraded to PT9 and I didn't have to uninstall anything. Just run the install package and you're set. All of my plugins were there in my old sessions. You should be fine.

Great! I gotta check out this serial number point with Avid to ensure it's not already registered for the trial licence of PT9...

Thanks Mooch!