Protools LE Help

urinebath

Terminal E
Jun 5, 2007
Cleveland, OH
www.myspace.com
Here's my specs:

MAC G4 - dual 1.2mhz (upgraded processor from dual 533)
RAM: 1.5GB
Protools LE 7.0 +
DFHS (running off external firewire drive)

Would anyone know, or have some quick tips to optimize my system because, while in protools, when the buffer is maxed out, I'm still getting buffer underrun errors.

I realize not to have alot of RTAS plugins help, but there's gotta be something else I can do?

I also realize that this is a very broad question, but any advice or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my specs:

MAC G4 - dual 1.2mhz (upgraded processor from dual 533)
RAM: 1.5GB
Protools LE 7.0 +
DFHS (running off external firewire drive)

Would anyone know, or have some quick tips to optimize my system because, while in protools, when the buffer is maxed out, I'm still getting buffer underrun errors.

I realize not to have alot of RTAS plugins help, but there's gotta be something else I can do?

I also realize that this is a very broad question, but any advice or hints would be greatly appreciated.

I'm assuming you are trying to run DFHS and having trouble....honestly with your system, you'll have a hard time running it well. My suggestion would be to turn on the 16bit mode, and the other ram saver thing in DFH.

I have a dual 867 G4 with 2.5 gigs of ram and DFHS on a separate SATA drive (faster then firewire) and I get hickups all the time. I'm having to run different passes of DFH (cymabls separately.

Thanks for the reply. Your suggestions is exactly what I was going to do. Most of the time I don't have issues but if there's alot of cymbals, it locks up.

Stupid technology!!!! Gets better but the old computers and junk can't keep up.

YAY!

with 2.5 gigs of ram and DFHS on a separate SATA drive (faster then firewire) and I get hickups all the time. I'm having to run different passes of DFH (cymabls separately.

wow, that´s hard.
I´ve got 1 gig of ram (and a pentium with about 3 ghz) and I can run BFD and DFH simultaneously without troubles (DAW+DFH on harddrive A, BFD+other stuff like Battery hd B).

so do you guys have an HD for running samples and software soundbanks and another HD for recording/playback audio?

i ll buy a pc soon and i was going for 2 HD's in Raid - both 320 GB 7200RPM
So it would work as one big capacity HD and faster than a Raptor HD at 10000 RPM

would that be fast enough though for that kind of work!? or should i go for separate Drives!?

wow, that´s hard.
I´ve got 1 gig of ram (and a pentium with about 3 ghz) and I can run BFD and DFH simultaneously without troubles (DAW+DFH on harddrive A, BFD+other stuff like Battery hd B).

That's good that you have a 3ghz processor. I'm trying to squeeze at least 2 more years outta my old G4 before I have to dive into the MacPro Pool. Maybe sooner if I end up throwing my computer out the window cause it won't play nice.