Cryptopsy-And Then You'll Beg

Astrum

Psion
Aug 14, 2006
Boston, MA
This is the technical death metal band Cryptopsy's fourth album, and I think it is possibly their best. I give it an 8/10

The big thing with Cryptopsy is their vocals. First off, they are a technical gore-death metal band, and most of their songs consist of the basic hollow smacking of the drums and disjointed riffs. The only thing that really separates album from album much, in how the music sounds, (besides production quality) is the vocals. This album, in my opinion, has the best. Their earlier albums were okay, and the vocals on their newest are downright annoying.

Many say this album is Cryptopsy's worst, but I think the exact opposite. The drums, as always with Cryptopsy, are nothing too special, but the guitar and bass are good. And as I said, these are the best death-growls I have heard from Cryptopsy. There are a few random acoustic segments thrown in as well. I think the best tracks are either We Bleed or Back To The Worms. If you are in the mood for some head smashing true death metal, this is the place to look. It may not be an essential buy, but it is good. Worth a try.

overall its a pretty good album, good drumming, riffing, pretty technical, however the vocals on this album almost completly ruin the entire thing!:mad: