Is Cryptopsy a popular Deathcore band yet?

SouthernTrendkill

Super Normie
Aug 22, 2007
I noticed that Worship Your Demons is the most listened to song on Cryptopsy's MySpace. Is this just from old fans who want to check out the new material, or is this from a newly emerging deathcore Cryptopsy audience?

What do you think? Are deathcore fans latching onto Cryptopsy or not?

Woah woah woah, there's no fooling involved in albums like Once Was Not and None So Vile. One little genre change can't reverse that greatness.

:ill:

None So Vile is their only worthwhile material IMO... and Whisper Supremacy to some extent.

No dude, Once Was Not is definitely good too. I don't care for Blasphemy & that other one very much though.

M-A ~ "The Unspoken King" ~ 21 reviews - 12%

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No matter how bad everyone says it is there's no way it can be that bad. It's the most universally hated metal album of all time sounds like. To me anything below 60% is a shit rating, & below 30% just gets stupidly bad. No way the new album is a 12%. I've only heard one song from it, but still.

Once Was Not is the best Cryptopsy album.

I think the thing about The Unspoken King is that it's not even very good for a deathcore album. I mean, I like deathcore. I haven't heard much of The Unspoken King though. I'm sure it's not too bad...

I listened to the new Cryptopsy on their myspace earlier this summer or something, as soon as I heard the new vocalist I was like wtf is this the right band? And I didnt listen further till now. I checked out their myspace again, listened to some of the new songs. The musicianship is good, well executed, but the music is rather gay most of the time, and I absolutely cannot stand those vocals at all. Fuck deathcore.

I listened to the new Cryptopsy on their myspace earlier this summer or something, as soon as I heard the new vocalist I was like wtf is this the right band? And I didnt listen further till now. I checked out their myspace again, listened to some of the new songs. The musicianship is good, well executed, but the music is rather gay most of the time, and I absolutely cannot stand those vocals at all. Fuck deathcore.

I mean really, from what you heard do you think that it deserved a global rating of 12% though??? That's some of the worst music on the planet if that's the case, & I'm sure there's a ton of music I would less rather listen to like The Dixie Chicks or The Jonas Brothers to name a few. That's the kind of music that deserves the 12%'s.

Yeah deathcore does indeed suck, as I'm sure the new Cryptopsy sucks, but 12% is too low a rating. I don't think people look at things on a large scale when rating an album.

godfuckingdamnit I'm going to go download this fucking album now so I can form a better opinion of it.

I went to their MySpace & I couldn't get the tracks to play. I think Firefox add ons have something to do with this. Fuck it. I'll DL the album.

No, I dont think it deserved 12% on its own, but if the die hard fans are basing that on what they used to sound like, I can kind of see where 12% is coming from. Even then it is a bit low.