Cubase 4 V Cubase studio 4

James-Doolan

Jun 6, 2007
Sydney
Ok so il be buying one of these daws in the near future is it worth the extra money to have cubase 4 instead of the cheaper studio version?

I have Cubase 4 at work and Studio at home. The only things I miss are the insert and delete bars functions; the rest is pretty much superfluous for me. Your mileage may vary.

After an evening alone using lasse's full (non studio) version on my laptop, i realised Cubum isn't that bad except the dongle keptm getting in the way! :D

Get the full version

Well, I´ve been running C4 on both OSX and Windows (only until Voxengo descides to port all their plugs :). I actually have a Macbook as portable rig and I have not had to complain yet.
I haven´t tried the 64-bit beta yet, so I don´t know about that one.

I bought Cubase Studio 4 because from their comparison chart I didn't need the extras of Cubase. Then I realized a lot of differences were not listed and bought Cubase 4...

That's why I bought Sonar 7 (despite later regretting it). I originally bought CS4 based on the comparison charts and then found out that I cant pan a send! Bollocks to that....and then when I then saw the crossgrade price for CS4 users (basically no discount) I decided to go with a crossgrade to Sonar 7, but that unfortunately as an even bigger nightmare when it comes to external hardware integration, and support for firefaces and UAD cards.

I'm now back where I started using Nuendo and haven't had a single issue since. That'll teach me!