Cubase 6 Automation help

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

Bit of an emergency here. My favourite way of automating track volumes in Cubase 5 appears to have been ditched in 6.

The method involved basically Read arming the track, setting an automation point to 'activate' the lane, then arming Write. I'd then open the automation panel, enable 'Trim', select the range of the track which I'd want to alter in level, and then simply use the track volume control to move it up or down as I pleased. Made automating levels in segments a breeze.

Is Cubase 6 still capable of doing this? I can't seem to make it function this way. The only ways of automating I see on the tutorials are by drawing manually, which is way too time consuming and imprecise for what I'm doing.

Ermz, I dunno but I cannot get the automation modes to work properly on C6 - Touch never touches, latch never latches and so on...It's been a PITA to automate.

oh jesus. another new reason preventing me from upgrading to 6?

are you saying the R and W buttons are gone?

Thankfully I worked this out a few minutes after posting this thread. Had to enable 'Loop' under the Fill menu on the automation panel.

The automation in general has been a bit wonky. I'd have expected it to be improved in this version rather than worse, but eh, I knew what I was getting into with Steinberg.