Cubase - Linking Channel Settings

MT01

Oct 4, 2008
London, England
Sorry for the n00b question but does anyone know how to link channels on cubase so that any changes I make to the plugins on channel A are mirrored on channel B (assuming both channels have the same chain of plugins)?

Thanks

As far as linking the two channels, you can open the mixer view, select one channel (there is a little orange bar above the fader), hold CNTRL and select another channel (both should have that little orange bar now), right click the mouse and select "link channels".

I don't know if this affects plug-ins like you want it to. If not you'll have to save your plug as a preset and load it in the other channel.

Im using an old version of Cubase SX - but heres how i do it >>>>

Make your changes to channel A - the on the bottom right hand corner of the channel strip there should be copy/paste clipboard thingy
hover over it and you should press the one that comes up "Copy channel settings"
Then go to channel B - and in the B channel strip hover over the clipboard again till it comes up "Paste" channel settings(should be highlighted) .Click that mutha.

Voila - hope it helps.

I don't know if this affects plug-ins like you want it to.

Unfortunately not, but thanks anyway.

Im using an old version of Cubase SX - but heres how i do it >>>>

Make your changes to channel A - the on the bottom right hand corner of the channel strip there should be copy/paste clipboard thingy
hover over it and you should press the one that comes up "Copy channel settings"
Then go to channel B - and in the B channel strip hover over the clipboard again till it comes up "Paste" channel settings(should be highlighted) .Click that mutha.

Voila - hope it helps.

Thanks Pablo333, that'll work as a last resort, but ideally I'd like to be able to tweak the settings in real time on one channel and hear the effect on both as the track is playing and I'm tweaking.

I'm not sure if Cubase actually has such functionality?

Hmmm...not sure about real time , again you "might" be able to do this im guessing your on a newer version of Cubase - I definitley cannot do this on SX

heh heh same here - but V2.2 - Im 99% sure it's can't be done real time, would be cool though