Grouping channels in Cubase

Gelatin

Boob inspector
Jun 10, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
www.facebook.com
One question for the Cubase users out there:

I've been using cubase 5 for quite a while, and when I'm editing drums, I'd like to be able to edit three channels simultaneously. The idea is that if I make changes to Channel A (snare over), it's applied to channel B (snare under) & C (snare trigger) automatically.

I've always done this by hand, editing each track - but there must be a way to do this locking the channels together so the editing is 100% the same on all channels.

yeah maybe that's the only way, I was hoping there was some way to directly be able to edit a track and mirror those edits on to another. It's harder to see what you're doing on the group channel track because it merges all the waveforms together visually.

yeah maybe that's the only way, I was hoping there was some way to directly be able to edit a track and mirror those edits on to another. It's harder to see what you're doing on the group channel track because it merges all the waveforms together visually.

Ah ok now I see.

I'd like to know as well if there's an answer.

Make changes to first channel, then in the mixer window click the copy (little clipboard like icon on the very left...can't remember exactly and not at my Cubase machine now but when you hover over it a popup will say "Copy"), then highlight the next channel and click the paste icon directly under the copy icon. All settings on channel 1 now become the settings for channel two as well. Repeat for any other channels.

Thanks for the posts!

Just to clarify: I'm not talking about the channel settings, effects, etc - only the editing of audio events. If I move a snare on channel A , that edit gets applied to channels B & C as well.