Cubase 5 vs Reaper 3 Questions

i just got done editing in cubase 5 and neundo 3 thanks to joey. and yeah reaper has slip editing and cubase has slip editing but, joey and i were talking and he was like yeah this cd i couldn't do phyically in reaper. because cubase just does so much god damn shit

You heard him folks, so much god damn shit indeed, I'm sold! :lol: Nah, I of course trust your judgment and opinion Ryan, especially since you're a Reaper guru, but some specifics would be nice :D

I can only talk about Cubase 3, and Reaper slays it on everyway. Don´t know if they changed it, but on Cubase 3 you can´t put vst inserts on folders like on Reaper, and the routing was a joke compared to Reaper. Not to mention that Cubase can´t be portable, has a bitch dongle, worst built in plugins and takes much more time to load.

^ I have got to say that none of those things bother me with Cubase. Compared to reaper ya, its not portable and there is the dongle. but in the majortity of situations that isn't even an issue. Perhaps Cubase 3 is different, but I find Cubase very fast loading and I'm a fan of the plugins when I use them. But at least you can always have your license with you once you have the dongle, which I think could be advantageous. It may be one of those love it or hate it things though

Yeah honestly none of that has bothered me either in my several years using Cubase. I get around juuuuust fine how it is :)