Reaper, Cubase Ai4, Sony Sound Forge, Mixcraft and Audacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalAaron

Bondage Goat Zombie
Apr 12, 2010
New Caney, Texas
www.myspace.com
I have them all and I'm not quite sure which ones to use. So, thats why I am posting to ask:

Reaper, Cubase Ai4, Sony Sound Forge, Mixcraft and Audacity.
Out of all all those, which one would you suggest?

All I am wanting to do, is make decent quality stuff with my line 6 pod and some drum samples I've acquired.

Please let me know!

_thanks_

Ps- With Reaper and Cubase when I import an audio file, it drags and makes it all blend together. Not quite sure what the word for it is, it just makes a drum file sound slower like my computer cant compute what the hell is going on.

Kind of like a module double firing too.

HELP ME!!!

:cry:

You should be using Reaper or Cubase.

When you import an audio file and play it back it Reaper or Cubase it should sound
exactly the same as if you played it back in Audacity, if it sounds wrong then you
have a problem with you audio setup which you need to fix.

Whats the problem with my sound set up? It plays in everything else just fine.

Any ideas? I did a latency test and didnt see a problem.

Maybe I need to get a new sound card for my computer?

If any of you are using reaper, can you help me!?

Its the fast track. Personally, I think its a piece of shit.

Another question I have.

I just downloaded an Amp Simulator.

I have win rar and exported it to my desktop.

How would I use it in Mix craft, or reaper?

Im under the impression that I can just plug my guitar right into my interface and choose whatever program I want and use the simulator, kind of like pod farm.

Am I right on this one?

Its the fast track. Personally, I think its a piece of shit.

Another question I have.

I just downloaded an Amp Simulator.

I have win rar and exported it to my desktop.

How would I use it in Mix craft, or reaper?

Im under the impression that I can just plug my guitar right into my interface and choose whatever program I want and use the simulator, kind of like pod farm.

Am I right on this one?

You need to un-rar the file, then drag the DLL file into your VST Plugin's folder, which you should find in your Program Files folder, then just load up Reaper of your DAW and it should load.

Although different DAWs offer different thing, it really comes down to work flow. If your are starting from scratch I'd say go with Reaper. I did use an unconventional DAW at first. Changing to a main stream DAW means that you can get a lot more info and help from a lot more sources. I don't use reaper but loads do and for the few buck that it costs you nothing beats it.

What great assumptions.

I didn't steal anything, prick.

I paid $99.99 for the M-Audio Fast track.

$74.99 for Mix Craft.

I'd have to look, but I know it was round about $80 or so for reaper.

Cubase, my father had through one of his friends.

The amp simulator was free offline.

Haven't stolen anything.

Thanks

Thanks for sending me an abusive P.M.
I LOVED it.
Out of those i would use reaper, although if you've got an Maudio interface, maybe you could get Pro tools M powered.

Hey man,

I know that could of came off abusive. But, I sincerely didn't mean it to be. I guess I should of added some more LOL's, haahaas, etc.

I was firmly joking around. Calling you a prick, and an asshole was uncalled for, but supposed to be playful.

I am sorry, man.

And reaper, is a son of a bitch! I cannot figure it out. The latency, audio settings are just really insane to figure out. Considering I know nothing about the program.

Any help would be nice.

Thanks man.

And again, sorry.

"Calling you a prick, and an asshole was uncalled for, but supposed to be playful."

:lol:

"The latency, audio settings are just really insane to figure out."

Not that hard, options, preferences, audio or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.