Help-Cubase Exporting Midi Loops

RobRokken

Apr 15, 2009
O.K, I've decided to make my own drum library of loops, After being frustrated with other "libraries". I am having a problem with Cubase 5 with naming and exporting the sections. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Create groove. Rename groove in Cubase.
2. Select region and export midi. (It asks for a name).
3. Import the groove and the name does not show up. It says "Superior Drummer 01". Obviously I really need the names of the files to show up.

Here's a screenshot. The top row is the created Midi and renamed to my naming convention.

Bottom one is what they look like when imported. No names! :

258edd42cc56059ecd968924663666cc.png

I'm not liking the idea that I have to rename the stuff when I want to export either, I mean, I've already given the little groove a name, and I have to give it a name again for saving?, Why wouldn't it just autofill the name, as what I have it ughh lol...

Anyhow, Why isn't the file name showing up? The files are named just as they are in the first row there, yet shows "superior drummer 01". Also, When I bring the files that I exported into another DAW like REAPER, I get this:

cd5eafa0387da8c9ae4fe52e63f7d3f3.png

I can't, for the life of me figure out why it says "superior drummer" in the beginning ??

Any idears or tips on doing this, obviously I want to make it as fast and smooth as possible as a library will contain many hits, fills, grooves blah blah.. you know the story..

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
~Rob.