Editing while QuadTracking with DIs

Mea_Culpa89

Feb 1, 2009
Hello world

I am using Sonar and i am planning to record 4 guitar channels, as well as splitting the signal to record the clean DI as well, for reamping.

Later on, i want to edit all these guitar tracks (8 in total) simultaneously. I am thinking of making groups of 4x2 channels (4 groups of ona distorted and one DI channel each)

The problem is: how can i edit these groups simultaneously? I mean, i may want to fine tune a part of the second guitar, time-strech it, or ,let's say, create the forth guitar take, by editing unused takes of the other 3 guitar channels.

How do i "transfer" complex changes to the DI tracks? Some changes may be too complex to remember or reproduce.

Any ideas?

Does Sonar have edit groups? Or does it at least allow you to select two audio regions at once and manipulate them at the same time? It isn't exactly a big ask for a DAW these days. All fairly straightforward stuff.

I do this all the time in Cubase. It may not be good for much, but it can handle this adequately, so I don't see why Sonar would be any different.

Does Sonar have edit groups? Or does it at least allow you to select two audio regions at once and manipulate them at the same time? It isn't exactly a big ask for a DAW these days. All fairly straightforward stuff.

I do this all the time in Cubase. It may not be good for much, but it can handle this adequately, so I don't see why Sonar would be any different.

Well, i can select 2 clips and apply the same length of, let's say, drag, in order to extend it.
So pop/click removal with crossfading will not be a problem.

But what about complex editing? I mean 5-10 small clips that form the "bridge" part, including some time-streched ones or pitch-corrected! This kind of thing...

Can i somehow link clips when heavy editing is applied?