Drum grouping in Cubase

3tuxedo

Apr 2, 2011
Hey guys i have a pretty quick question about grouping tracks together in cubase. I have a bunch of drum tracks and i want to edit them but im not sure how to group them together so that when you edit one, the others are edited as well (quantizing ect.) There was a simple way of doing this in Logic i just havent used it in cubase yet, anyone know how to do this?

easy ... just create group bus and make all output of those tracks to the new group. BUT if you want to quantizing, just link the channel together ( on mixer window select all the tracks that you want and right click then select link channels.

Ohh alright that sound good, because i have a bunch of drum tracks i want to quantize and then use a trigger to replace the kick, snare, and toms. But if i don't quantize all of the tracks together, there will be plenty of ghost hits that you can hear from the OH's right? Is a good way to get the snare and kick out of the OH's to EQ then gate them?

Ohh alright that sound good, because i have a bunch of drum tracks i want to quantize and then use a trigger to replace the kick, snare, and toms. But if i don't quantize all of the tracks together, there will be plenty of ghost hits that you can hear from the OH's right? Is a good way to get the snare and kick out of the OH's to EQ then gate them?

Pass filters can also help. Another way to get kick and snare sounds out of OH recordings is to just record OHs (a bit trickier admittedly). On the last couple albums I worked on we did all of the drum triggering first and then recorded OHs while the drummer hit practice pads super softly.

Pass filters can also help. Another way to get kick and snare sounds out of OH recordings is to just record OHs (a bit trickier admittedly). On the last couple albums I worked on we did all of the drum triggering first and then recorded OHs while the drummer hit practice pads super softly.

I know a contemporary Christian band that went to Nashville and recorded OH's like that and they actually turned out quite nicely

Wow that is so wicked. Ive never heard of that before. But the problem is i am just remixing an old track because of improvements i have now, so all the drumtracks are already done. I basically want to quantize all the tracks, then take out all the snare and toms and kick. And re mix the samples in there. The reason I need to quantize first is to get all the OH's lined up with where the kick, snare and toms will be, feel me?

To cut those bleeding sound from snare and kick from OH is not quantizing. It's just EQ the OH. just cut it off below 500. get rid of the body of those bleeding snare and kick.