Current addictions

hmmm... let me think :p... the katatonia tribute... and saw you drown...
and ive been quite still obsessed with nargaroth... and well jsut trying to get some root...

I just worked out to Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings and in my head it clicked...I need to listen to Iced Earth a lot more. When I was 15-18 that was my main band...overplayed the hell out of them. Night Of The Stormrider and Burnt Offerings are very special though. Some of the greatest PowerThrash imo. That's a new genre name I just made up btw. They have the power of metal, and the fastness and aggression of thrash. And those albums have my favorite vocals too. Especially the first song on Burnt Offerings...mix of falsettos, cleans, growls, screams, spoken...and it goes on. I overplayed them before and that was my mistake...I did the same thing with Katatonia, but I'm slowing down now and mixing it up more, but still playing them more. Just need to keep it fresh.

Amen.

I just worked out to Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings and in my head it clicked...I need to listen to Iced Earth a lot more. When I was 15-18 that was my main band...overplayed the hell out of them. Night Of The Stormrider and Burnt Offerings are very special though. Some of the greatest PowerThrash imo. That's a new genre name I just made up btw. They have the power of metal, and the fastness and aggression of thrash. And those albums have my favorite vocals too. Especially the first song on Burnt Offerings...mix of falsettos, cleans, growls, screams, spoken...and it goes on. I overplayed them before and that was my mistake...I did the same thing with Katatonia, but I'm slowing down now and mixing it up more, but still playing them more. Just need to keep it fresh.

Amen.

I love Iced Earth. Anymore, I have a hard time sitting at the computer and listening to them though. They are more of a "listen to in the car" band for me. I've played Something Wicked... so many times it's not even funny. I was huge into Horror Show and Burnt Offerings about a year ago and kind of forgot about them. I'm glad you posted this. I may start listening to them again. Matt Barlow's voice is so sexy.

I'd say NOTSR and BO have no bad songs at all. S/T is pretty damn close to perfection too. Dark Saga is just not as fast or thrashy but has some cool tunes...Question Of Heaven is great. SWTWC is solid...the trilogy is awesome. Horror Show is back to some really nice heavy thrash tunes and a cool concept. And Glorious Burden is hit or miss...

I actually like Ripper with his older projects, it's just so damn hard to follow up Barlow. That was the biggest problem I had with Glorious Burden.

yeah by far of course. anyone liking new Forgotten Tomb btw? thought the clean vocs was gonna be a turnoff at first but turns out it's damn good

Btw Adam, trying to get into more of "Neon Ballroom" and it's prolly successful :)