Current addictions

I really like them too, especially the new cd. although their lyrics are lame.

Cool, but I disagree about the lyrics. I think they are rather brilliant. I mean, they work especially well considering what HIM is all about - I mean, they're basically gothic love songs. Both the way the music AND lyrics are presented is done in such a fashion that I just cannot stop listening to these guys.

Well, all there is left for me to mention; FINALLY there's a GOOD mainstream band to listen to. And to think, I have been purposely avoiding them for quite some time (had the wrong idea about them.)

I feel really weird lately...
The gods - The Spiriting Away of Sen and Chihiro OST
Red - Dir En Grey
Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush
Pressure - Anathema
Seibei no katsudan - The Twilight Samurai OST

haha. yeah, Finland is one of their best up there with Echoes and Leave Me Here. I like their way of mixing that Isis mood with being devostatingly heavy. More bands should do that. And the buildup in Echoes is phenomenal

Oh fuck! I ordered a Herbie Hancock album and it came yesterday. We have this metal postbox and there's -30c outside so I quickly took it inside and the temperature suddenly changed about +55c. When I opened the letter there's was a crack on the cd and it doesn't work :/
Now I fear that the exact thing has happened to the new StS album and I'm afraid to transport it inside :D Shite.

Divatkreació;5860161 said:
HIM's first two albums had great tracks and Razorblade romance is my favorite from them. I think the rest of the stuff they've done are utterly boring, especially Deep shadows and bla bla.

No way, I think they haven't released a disappointing album yet. I mean, Deep Shadows has my top 5 fave HIM song - Pretending. Seriously, I'm so inspired by the introductory vocals that I myself am striving to sing like that. The likes of Heartache Every Moment and In Joy and Sorrow are not too far off from Razorblade Romance songs like Join Me or Gone with the Sin. But hey, to each their own I guess.

Good band. I'm anticipating their 2007 release, which surprised me. I'm new to this band and had no idea Dark Light was a 2005 release. I assumed it was more recent.

Note: I noticed some comparing HIM to Katatonia on youtube and vice versa haha.