Current Favorite Amp plugins/ Cab impulses for high gain and clean?

vejichan

Dec 29, 2011
Getting back to recording> What are everybody's current amp plugins and cab impulses/vsts etc these days for high gain and clean?

Catharsis impulses are the only ones I really enjoy and use for high gain (Loaded with LeCab 2). I'll use the free RedWirez 1960 Greenback impulses for clean and mid gain stuff sometimes, though. I bought ReCabinet yesterday for the Black Friday sale, but I haven't gotten to play around with it yet, looks pretty promising.

For sims, really the only one I really like is TSE X50, but sometimes I'll use LePou's Lecto. Really haven't found any clean amp models that have really impressed me.

That being said, I don't really use any software amp sims anymore, cause I have a Kemper and it rules :p

my favorites for amp sims are poulin lecto, TSE X50 and poulin Legion. My favorite impulses are guitar hacks "sneap edge" and catharsis s pres either 8 or high. Which Kalthallen impulses are your favorite specifically?

Which free RedWirez 1960 Greenback impulses do you guys use for clean and distorted?

what do you guys use for boost? tse808 2.0 or tse 808 1.1?

Tse808 2.0, x40/lecto/amplitube soldano and jet city models, into recabinet. I don't use any other impulses atm because all the free plugs for loading them kinda suck (crashing, latency, bad ui, not versatile etc). I think the latest lecab update fixed the crashing but I'm quite satisfied with recabinet and haven't even used half the stuff in it yet.