top 5 favorite amp plugins and cab impulses

Since I was PM'ed for my personal info on this topic, I'll post my response here publicly...

I suggest not worrying about what everyone else uses. Everyone has different tastes. What works great for you, might be horrible for me. Try everything you can get your hands on, and judge for yourself what works best for you.

Digging TS808 into Lecto (Modern Orange on left and Modern Red on right for subtle different flavors) into LeCab2.

Impulses, usually 3 or 4 together:
God's Cab Sm7b grill edge pres 4 at default volume in LeCab2
God's Cab U87 4 foot pres 4 blended at half volume
Orange_2mics
and either Asem Recto impulse or one of the live room impulses from God's Cab depending on the music style.

Overloud TH2 is so much ahead of all other plugin modelers out there so dunno if other plugins are worth mentioning. Well Amplitube is also pretty good and Guitar Rig for Marshall tones, not for metal though, it just doesn't work.

Impulses... thadah... well as you probably know I've match EQ'd a lot of them so I'd say "Killswitch Engage - My Curse IR" is amazing and seems like there was close to zero post processing. Other impulses that get a lot of use are Underoath, Protest the Hero, Dillinger Escape Plan. Too many favorites.

And also this: <-- I match EQ'd that and it seems to be amazing for just about anything. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for all the great posts.
Btw how about for clean tones?
what are your favorite amp sims/impulses to get your clean tones?
right now, i like Ignite Anvil --> lecab(s pres high) --->delay/reverb