Who wants 5150/Recto Impulses?

Hey Jake !

i've acquired a 5150 amp head, i'm loving it. I recently tried recording with the preamp out signal. Sooo much better compared to my previous ampsim recordings. Though i'm wondering, what are your favorite cab impulses to go with a real 5150 preamp out signal and not with an ampsim ?

I've tried the 5150, recto cab alpha, (thanks btw :) ) didn't much like it... maybe i'm doing something wrong

Any help would be appreciated :loco:

Thanks for your honesty. I stopped carrying the link to this IR pack in my sig because compared to my results now, this pack is obsolete. I have not yet replicated this exact IR pack yet, what with the different power amp settings and all, but I can if there is interest. I did just put out a community pack called the Metalcore IR pack. For the Metalcore pack, one IR is dark and one is bright, this was done purposefully, but they both can give very good tones. I also have two additional IR packs that are not for free, these are my best and most versatile IRs to date. Also, I can make custom voiced IRs according to your specs and tastes. Start with the Metalcore IR pack. If u need me to, I can give you dialing advice about settings that work well with those IRs, since a 5150 made them to begin with, just shoot me a PM or contact me using MSN.

I'm blending the alpha and beta ones into a song I'm mixing right now. I'll try to post a sample soon. Really loving them so far!