EVH 5150 vs. Axe FX 5150

I think if the axe fx went into a power section and was recorded mic'd, it would be getting near impossible to tell the difference, but then thats probably true for every amp modeller. It would be cool to get some blind tests if you have any time ola.

Srsly, the world will be a better place when there's a good blind miced test of the axe.

If you have the time Ola:D

This is so lame, but expected. Use a real amp and tell that it is a modeller: Everyone says, it sounds good but isn't the real deal. :popcorn:

C'mon without the results given, you would not hit more then 50% in a blind test.:zzz:

That is a crock of shit as more then 20 times on this board we have had (insert cool new modeling technology here) vs real amp shoot outs and 90% of us get it right all the time. At least the regulars do.

Not to be dick, but just cause YOU cant hear the different doesn't mean there isn't one. Maybe you should invest in some decent monitors or train your ears. Till then I would advise you shutting the fuck up and letting the big boys play.

As for Kev, hes got some of the best ears on this board, so don't go giving him shit. Hes one of the guys we EXPECT to know right away.

I agree. I love tube amps(and my axe) no question about it. But I think the hate on digital amps is over exaggerated.

This is fun though, now I feel obligated to do an even more accurate preset on my Axe FX. Give me the day and I'll post a clip tonight! :p

Ola just run it through a power amp and Mic the cab. I guarantee no one could tell the difference. The balls thats missing is the speaker movement which impulse just dont get. It really does sound fucking great!

In a mix. I doubt anyone could tell the difference.

Thanks Jason, I was originally going to send that style of reply myself :p

So haha, what an abusive cunt you are phisk - get back in your pram please... it really isn't my fault you are a deaf, deluded son of a bitch troll boy who has never had a tube amp in his life. If you can't tell more than 50% of the time then you have no business making those types of comments in threads like these. Come back when you have mic'd a cab up for yourself, have a decent set of monitors or have simply learnt to tell the difference by developing your ears. Actually, just don't come back.

Nice of you to check my old sound click archives out though, I havent updated that since myspace died a good a year ago and "oh boi!" hasn't the game changed since then.

:) If i would have said digital is crap and your mp3s are great, you would kissed my feet. funny place this is.

Man, this site still has it's fair share of "dick weaving" still doesn't it? lol

I think the axe sounds great! Close, indeed. Both tones sound great. With some post eq you could get the axe soooooo close to the real deal....

Put both of those tones in a mix and do a blind test! digi vs tube is getting old. Soon it probably won't matter anyways. 95% of clients and kids listening to this stuff on their ipods and shitty car stereos are not going to be able to tell the difference anyways. Why not just go with what sounds good to you? Everyone's ears are different and tone preference is subjective, after all!

If I thought the 5150 sounded like a fizzy wall of bees, I would've said so. I don't give a shit if he was playing through a Marshall MG... if I thought it sounded better than the 5150, I would've said so.

I've been a stickler for SS/Digital technology since I played an RG100es the first time, and I'll always be. I just don't think the Axe sounds as good in this clip. I think it sounds a bit thinner and a bit twangier than the 5153. It IS, however, more mix ready.

Dick weaving??

Dick +

wallpaper_weaving_finished_2.jpg

=

Kinky