Axe FX 5150 sim in a mix.

The guitars sound a little dark to me, just maybe in the upper mids. Sounds really nice though! :D

I think the Axe-FX is great for your playing, but the impulses not so much. I think Morgan said it the other day that impulses have 'weird resonances' due to just being a snapshot of one moment in time. After some years of using them in various capacities, I totally agree with him. You have a really strong picking hand and you totally just bang the tone out of the strings, but if the cab/speaker is not responding to that by compressing, or saturating, then you're losing elements of that power in translation.

So mic that damn cab whenever you get a chance, whether you run an Axe through it or whatever other amp, haha. Don't be one of those djent guys!

I really like hearing how far the Axe has come in recent times. I'm even considering grabbing one myself for my own playing/enjoyment, even if it never makes it on a record.

I wonder how the POD HD will compare to the axe fx, surely considering they're only modelling 16 amps and have the latest and greatest tech available they'll nail it just as good.

We'll see soon. I hope the Pod HD will deliver. Especially since it costs quarter to half the total of the Axe. I still have my anti Line 6 doubts but I hope they take it to the next level.

We'll see soon. I hope the Pod HD will deliver. Especially since it costs quarter to half the total of the Axe. I still have my anti Line 6 doubts but I hope they take it to the next level.

I read on another forum that someone made a JCM800 comparison and they couldn't hear the difference. I answered to that thread: "If that's a fact, bye-bye dear Ultra." ;)

I have fingers and toes crossed that they deliver this time.

I read on another forum that someone made a JCM800 comparison and they couldn't hear the difference. I answered to that thread: "If that's a fact, bye-bye dear Ultra." ;)

I have fingers and toes crossed that they deliver this time.

Really? And was that a good source? Or just something Line 6 would use to build up the hype ;) Anyways I'm all ears. If it's good bring me the rack version.:dopey:

I dono if you guys would be interested..

I bought an axe fx for my home studio (mainly writing songs late at night) and have done a few tests. We still didnt record with my band so i dont have proper backing track so i used nevermore's backing track to start working on a sound (the unit is new to me i just started fooling around). It can give you an idea but i dono if that's legal to post someone elses song? sorry noob with this stuff?..

If that's ok and you give a shit i can do that..

To me the Axe is insanely powerful just for the modulation / delay / reverb effects you can squeeze out of it, let alone the modeling capabilities. This sounds really good, and with a full mix (i.e. vocals, maybe other backing guitars / synths, etc. ) it would be more than sufficient to the vast majority of consumers - to me, there is a difference, but the difference is negligible.

And for a live rig... this this is retarded awesome. If Line 6 can compete with this unit, I will eat my socks. Who knows though...