Kemper: My first public Kemper profiles

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Are now live on the Kemper site!

Two profiles of my EVH 5150III mic'd with a 57 through a Mesa OS 4x12.
Red channel....my EVH isn't very well at the moment and it's feeling undergained however until I find a tech i'm still using it.

They are called:

Jay EVH5150 Red 1 & Jay EVH5150 Red 2
Under James Stephenson as the author

I didn't spend a long time on these so they aren't anything special...try a LP/HP at 60/12k.

Hope somebody finds either one of these useful!

James

PS: Quick raw clip..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/451140/Jay EVH Red 1.mp3

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/451140/Jay EVH Red 2.mp3

Glad you guys are liking them :)

I have no idea how you rate tones on the Kemper site, but rate these well and cookies shall be your reward!

It's funny how close these are to some of the other good 6505/5150 EVH ones. Am I correct in saying that your EVHIII is a bit more "loose" and "crunchy", tonewise, than a regular one? If thats true I'd say it's quite funny how accurate the Kemper is, I can literally feel the "illness" of the amp you discribed in your first post. In the Kemper, it's just a tonal difference though, just a tad more crunchy and oldschool to my ears :D.

Normally this thing is a beast....but I took it to a local studio to try some reamping and it never came back the same. The red channel seems to be the most affected....I had the gain on 3'oclock on those clips and it's still not "Overly saturated" as normal 5150's would be. Anyway I changed up all the preamp tubes to hopefully fix the issue (full set of what the original EVH came stock with before the JJ's) and it didn't rectify the problem. It SHOULD be tighter than a regular EVH if anything...

I don't get to play it as much as I used to with my current living situation but the gain is the main thing that I noticed. I guess the crunchyness you describe is due to the amp only just breaking up...any lower on the gain and it's seriously undergained.

So yeah I think you're right.

Oh if I had to say anything about the real amp that I played and thus made the profile off is...the Kemper sounds slightly "cleaner" or "tighter".

Maybe the word "refined" is more appropriate...but not frequency wise, more in the gain structure department.

Can't wait to try this out after the holiday weekend!

The KPA is always a bit more 'forward' and 'immediate' in the midrange/pick attack; that's the only difference between the KPA and real amp IME.

Can't wait to try this out after the holiday weekend!

The KPA is always a bit more 'forward' and 'immediate' in the midrange/pick attack; that's the only difference between the KPA and real amp IME.

+1

Added to my favourites and rated over at the Kemper forum. I slightly preferred No. 2 but then last night found myself leaning towards No.1. So guess it depends.