Diezel Herbert vs ... ?

i read somewhere that the last whitechapel was a kemper profile of an unboosted herbert... kind of makes me want one

Have you considered the Engl Savage? It's an awesome amp, tight as fuck and it can fit many metal genres imho.
That said, you can't go wrong with a 5153.

Diezel's are fizzy overpriced crap. I remember going to guitar center when I was like 14 and seeing a amp that cost 4000$ and I was like holy shit, that thing must be the best amp evar! Plugged in with a USA Jackson and was shock, probably the worst amplifier I've ever plugged into.

I think it's time you try the amp out again, and not in a Guitar Center, because "fizzy, overpriced crap" is about the furthest away from any Diezel I've played or owned. I definitely wouldn't call a VH4 fizzy. As far as the cost, well, I guess it depends on what the amp is worth to you. I paid $3600 for the VH4 I'm currently using, and I'd say it was money well spent.

I've never turned up to a show with the VH4 and not had many, many compliments from the FOH engineers and other bands on the tone I'm getting out of it. Definitely not lose, especially with the shit we play in G#, when just lightly touched with an OD808.

To the OP, personally, I'd go VH4 or 5153.

Edit due to brain no work good.