Current musical addictions/recent discoveries

i actually really like that akerfeldt quote and its part of why i havent been listening to a lot of newer heavy stuff or heavy in general. like when i see brutal death metal i read "i wish i was slayer". its not impressive just because its technical or heavy.

that being said i agree with lifemocker lol. i listened to that track. it just sounds like generic opeth, its got no soul to it. instead of 80s cover band its more like opeths "90s metallica" phase lol.

oh and inb4
"i dont listen to metal much anymore"
every metal fan ever - "ah yeah dude but if you feel that way you should definitely check out the new three inches of blood/whatever"

Since we brought up Opeth again:
While I was on vacation, trekking I was listening to some new music.

It was a pretty good song and suddenly there is this 30 seconds that almost makes me tear up, because it literally felt like old Opeth. It was heavy, but it was blues/jazz.

Couldnt find it on youtube, so I uploaded it myself. Time stamp for the part is 2:00 and also it serves as an outro.
Solid shit.

Watching a show about loli Hitler -> HR middleaged man was killed by one of the people he fired, right before his death he's confronted by a god but he still denies to believe in anything supernatural. As a punishment god sends him to alternative World War I as a girl born in poor family.

9 year old girl body doesnt stop him from being a psycho and good tactician.

Show is okay, but the ending is fucking great, never thought you can maintain the "speed" and power for almost 4 minutes

Ending Version:

And full version <3

This also has sax parts and is a solid OP for the best thriller anime since Death Note.

Just got this on spotify after shitton of time.

Still remember the lyrics and i fucking love this song

Abigail Williams sounds pretty good. When I heard instrumentals I was like"I hope vocals dont suck". And they dont, pretty standard black metal vocals.

It's not a masterpiece, but it's been a while since I havent turned off new metal after listening to it for a minute. There are still parts that I feel like Ive heard a thousand times already, but some riffs are fresh.

Lordi does it again, they mightr be the only band nowadays that i "trust". Sure, no horror lyrics this time and it's written by someone else but it sounds great.

And it has saxophone so im moist.

SO ive been laughing at Wintersun trying another crowdfunding to fund who the fuck knows what now. After first album they released gay album after a long as time and then newest album which was so boring i dont even remember a single riff.
And somebody posted a band name that supposedly sounds like old Wintersun. I didnt believe them

And holy shit it DOES sound like it. I mean, the growls are literally Maenpaa. The music is also similiar. I feel like I finally got the sequel for the album I loved in 2004~~

(first intro track sucks, skip it)