Current musical addictions/recent discoveries

MadTinus

Language enthusiast
May 7, 2002
Utrecht, Netherlands
www.facebook.com
Title speaks for itself, share your current musical addictions/discoveries.

I recently discovered Dool, already shared that in the NP thread.

I also finally got into The Devil's Blood, shame I only got into them now, 3 years after Selim's death.. :/ No chance for me to ever witness a live 'ritual' of them. They make amazing music I think, I just love the atmosphere and twin lead guitars. Many of their songs have great hooks and melodies.

Last edited:
I currently dont have any, but fucking hell did I had two some time ago.

First was Zootopia - Try Everything, im not even embarassed at this point.

But then when i watched this special episode of Black Mirror with lesbian drama an in credits there was Heaven is a place on Earth this fucking song tortured me for 2 weeks.

Couldnt be more generic actually, female voice no.2 with boring "music", holy shit thats gay

Watched the movie yesterday's night and now I cant get this shit out of my head.

Totally obsessed with The Devil's Blood the past weeks, barely play anything else.. I have yet to find a song by them I don't like.. Incredible stuff, the guitar playing is so passionate and beautiful, just incredible. Passion and inspiration.

This song, hear it out:

well i just discovered Beyond Creation and plan on buying their "The Aura" album
as addiction it has to be Opeth
the atmosphere and songwriting is too good

That Heritage is steaming pile of shit and Pale Communion is mediocre at best with only 2-3 listenable tracks

That Heritage is steaming pile of shit and Pale Communion is mediocre at best with only 2-3 listenable tracks
ehhh Heritage was a mess but Pale Communion had some good tracks
Sorceress was better then both
anyways i was talking about Opeth in general

Oh, I forgot that Sorceress exists. That only proves that this album was terrible as well. No memorable tracks, just hipster prog bullcrap I see in tons of bands.

Opeth was fantastic and easly my fav band for a long time. Excelent compositions and atmosphere. All gone now. And fanboys will say that I hate them because "waaah no growls". I dont give a fuck bout growls, Damnation didnt have any, half of the songs dont have them and yet they are good.

Reactions: DarkGift
Best level soundtrack I heard in ages, and I mean ages.

I dont normally grind, but with this music I had to. Over 1 hour of listening to it in the game, over 2 hours on youtube. Send help. Or pipes.

Reactions: Skeptic Monkey
My recent discovery is that spotify cant fucking spell "ominous"

hL0nWgi8QJ2fGcqyhxU_DQ.png

Lol it was that way on the CD. They fixed it on a later vinyl but my 2007 CD still got it wrong.
udxAJA3.png

Anyway, there's a new album by Enfold Darkness, it is awesome and hardly anyone has ever heard of this band. A mix of tech/melodic/blackened dm with minimal gayness.