Current musical addictions/recent discoveries

I didnt know that Theme of Laura needed sax solo. Now i know it does. This is fantastic cover.

Not as good as the original obviously, but still nice

It seems more cheery, but I feel like there is still some malencholy in this cover. Obviously, original (with extended parts shown only during some E3) is better, but it's still fucking solid.

3:18 the solo stars if somebody didnt hear the full version + there is outro. Although it's rough, i still listen to it over the short version.

HOLY SHIT

Youtube making a good suggestion?! In 2018?! When all music sucks?!

Its so fucking dope. Time to dive into japanese jazz.

Wagakki band, I'd say something like Korpiklaani, which I really enjoyed until everything they released sounded exactly the same.

+ the guy playing ching chong flute is a god sometimes, I wonder what's his lung capacity is.

I've been seeing more metal with different cultural influences lately and it's all been really interesting. It's a nice change to hear something both familiar and different as the same time.

Black Kirin from China put out a really cool black metal album about the Nanking Massacre. It's loaded with traditional Chinese instruments that integrate into the music perfectly. I don't know the language but you can feel what they were trying to convey.

Reactions: winters epilogue
Ive never heard chinese metal before. And since its black metal I cant even be sure if its chinese, since the lyrics are impossible to understand.

If you want eastern instruments in metal/rock I will recommend Wagakki Band again. A great mix of heavy instruments and traditional ones. And the lyrics are understandable.

I've been seeing more metal with different cultural influences lately and it's all been really interesting. It's a nice change to hear something both familiar and different as the same time.

Black Kirin is very good. Have you heard Zuriaake? They're less aggressive, but I really like the atmosphere in their songs. E.g.:

The label that put out releases from both of those bands, Pest Productions, is worth exploring: https://pestproductions.bandcamp.com/

Listened to new Lordi album. Good shit, I like Lordi for the fact that they dont really change, stick to whats working. Sure, their songs might be hit or miss, but there are always few good tracks.

And I absolutely love track names.

01 Sexorcism
02 Your Tongue's Got The Cat
03 Romeo Ate Juliet
04 Naked In My Cellar
05 The Beast Is Yet To Cum
06 Polterchrist
07 SCG9: The Documented Phenomenon
08 Slashion Model Girls
09 Rimskin Assassin
10 Hell Has Room
11 Hot & Satanned
12 Sodomesticated Animal
13 Haunting Season

Eurobeat is the shit.

Currently blasting this remix, the chorus part is pumping me up hard. Wish metal still did this for me.