Cyhra - The Vertigo Trigger - August 2023

I almost mentioned these two songs in my post as well. IMO they are the best songs of NHIH. The rest is filler or worse. That’s cool you mentioned them too:)

For me they are the only two songs from NHIH that are on the same kind of level at the LTM tracks. Both would slot onto the former album with no eyebrows raised.

Yes, but he also said in the hour-long interview posted in THE thread that Cyhra had 6/7 songs ready but he hadn't contributed to those. Ready to Rumble is presumably one of the songs he was referencing.
Interesting. If you removed the vocals the song would almost pass as a modern In Flames song.

I don't really get the love for "Dreams Gone Wrong", I'll be completely honest. It just doesn't do anything for me, though I would rank it above half of the rest of the album. "I Am the One", "Bye Bye Forever" (Horrible title), "Hit Me", "Man of Eternal Rain", and "Lies" are the only songs I actually love from NHIH. Maybe "Kings Tonight" too.

I listened to the song again, and I think aside from the verses, I like it even less than I did when I watched the premiere. I'm not excited for this album whatsoever, considering that it's pretty likely that half of the album will be this filler shit. LTM was fucking phenomenal in my opinion, and the fact that they're going so generic instrumentally and lyrically fucking sucks. It made sense for them to aim for going heavier as they were when writing for NHIH, and I gave them my support before that album dropped, but... I'm pretty sure I won't be singing their praises anytime soon.

Dreams Gone Wrong has that 'Karma' structure to it. Very melodic guitar work, powerful vocals, memorable chorus. It's not great or anything but it's far above most the shit on NHIH and would have passed as a lesser version of Karma on LTM as well.

For me Ready to Rumble goes the same way as the first single from NHIH, Out of My Life - heard it a handful of times, will probably never listen to it again. Plastic pop-metal garbage for the most part. I expect most of Cyhra III will go the same way, but maybe there will be another Dreams Gone Wrong or Man of Eternal Rain on there. At least I heard Ready to Rumble free on YouTube though. I actually paid £1 on the google play store for Out of My Life, as that was the only place to get it and I was super hyped for new Cyhra after enjoying LTM so much. What a waste of money that was.

The verse on Out of My Life is a good example of the garbage song structures on NHIH.

OK intro. Then the verse gets so slow, so lame, so weak. Chorus picks up but then the verse is crap again.

Dreams Gone Wrong maintains a decent pace throughout. So it’s automatically better than most other songs. But it’s also short and sweet without the bs.

Man of Eternal Rain has a different, more creative song structure than the others. Actually builds up and climaxes.

It's OK wanting to be the next Iron Maiden. That is, the next big thing, but then they're doing it wrong. The lack creativity and are choosing a genre that, despite being popular, is not going to give them a reputation.

If you want to have a bad name amongst metal fans, then doing pop metal is the way.

About NHIH, I felt like all of the choruses had the same vocal structures. A few short lines followed by a couple of longer melodic verses. It was not very creative.

The verse on Out of My Life is a good example of the garbage song structures on NHIH.

OK intro. Then the verse gets so slow, so lame, so weak. Chorus picks up but then the verse is crap again.

Dreams Gone Wrong maintains a decent pace throughout. So it’s automatically better than most other songs. But it’s also short and sweet without the bs.

Man of Eternal Rain has a different, more creative song structure than the others. Actually builds up and climaxes.

It's OK wanting to be the next Iron Maiden. That is, the next big thing, but then they're doing it wrong. The lack creativity and are choosing a genre that, despite being popular, is not going to give them a reputation.

If you want to have a bad name amongst metal fans, then doing pop metal is the way.

I guess a slow pacing throughout the album compared to mid-paced songs are worse when there's a lot of them, but I dunno, I never really thought about that. I just don't like some of the instrumentals and especially the lyrics. The lyrics (Admittedly, along with Jesper's melodies) really made Letters for me.

Admittedly, there wasn't much in Letters that fit well live- All of it was too moody and slow, so they wanted to make heavier songs for live performances. Fair enough. I think I can accept the songs being slow because they're meant to be arena rock songs. That being said, they're mediocre. They're absolutely mediocre.

Reactions: DE4life and eochaid
The problem is, the most of the reviews were more than positive. There was a general praise for that album. So, I guess, they don't have many reasons to move away from their chosen path.

I struggle to remember most of the songs on NHIH due to how utterly generic they are, and for the ones I do remember it's usually just the chorus, as it feels like they put all effort into making dat catchy chorus and very little effort into anything else. The Siren Charms/Battles approach to songwriting.

Reviews were funny in that most of them were quite obviously paid for by the label. You can tell this kind of review as it contains some standard buzzwords without going into any depth about the album or the songs. Something else we witnessed during SC/Battles.

Reactions: eochaid
The problem is, the most of the reviews were more than positive. There was a general praise for that album. So, I guess, they don't have many reasons to move away from their chosen path.

Which is aggravating as all hell. I couldn't fucking believe it when I found maybe one non-Metallum review (At the time) that wasn't just blind praise. It feels like the label paid off a ton of sites, but that wouldn't really explain how the band's fanbase grew so much after the album's release. It sucks for us older Cyhra fans who loved Letters because of its wonderful melodies and more emotional lyrics. Those are pretty much all gone at this point in exchange for vapid arena rock hits. I guess I could've just said good things about it so that I'd get to keep interacting with the band and maybe get further with that, but that would go against everything I believe in.

I don't really think they'll need the Letters fans soon enough. They continue making enough albums like this, and they'll have grown to a massive audience like they wanted and will have all the singles they need for live performances. Maybe throw in "Karma" and the title track of Letters because they just happen to please the older crowd while being great for the newer one.

... So is this what it's like to be an old IF fan?

Reactions: DE4life and eochaid
Kind of, but at least we got four incredible albums before the change, and Reroute was great as well despite being different. Cyhra went from one promising album to utter shit immediately. So not quite as high of a climb, but a much sharper descent.

There's a livestream today at 19:00 CET at Instagram. Jesper and Jake playing together.

Seriously guys, what happened to this Cyhra? How the fuck did they go downhill so quickly?

I still have no idea. I've been listening to LTM again, and yeah, it's still just as amazing as it was when I first listened to it. Still my second favorite album next to Nebularium, and I don't see that changing anytime soon (Especially since RARE just isn't hitting nearly as hard for me as it did when I used to listen to it).

LtM has its flaws but it's a very unique album. Experimental, varied, everyone doing a good job. Jesper's fingerprints are all over it. NHIH it seemed like Jesper left everything to Jake and, well, we ended up with shittier Amaranthe and tracks that sounded like rejects from LtM, with a couple of exceptions (Man of Eternal Rain is a class above everything else on NHIH for me).

Based on Ready to Rumble the new album is continuing the shitty version of Amaranthe theme, unfortunately.

Jesus Christ this song feels like it's an hour long. Exceptionally bad. You just know you are listening to a quality track which is titled Ready to Rumble and supposed to be a hype song, but the fucking singer himself sounds like he couldn't be arsed to care. "blah blah ,are you ready to blah blah whatever" ????????????????????????????????????????????????

For better or worse but L2M is full of Jake's cheesiness but it works because he does it well there. Don't know what happened since then, because everything feels like it got downgraded.