Cyhra - The Vertigo Trigger - August 2023

Yeah the chorus is so weird, it's like he's half-asleep whilst recording his vocals. It should be a big, powerful, anthemic chorus but it's just weak as fuck. For the record it would be shit either way, but the way they've done it doesn't even make sense.

Reactions: Jester Slave
Ready to Rumble should have been 1 minute 30 seconds tops. What I hear isn’t bad, but it is so repetitive and I want it to end… which is not good.

Looks like Jesper is on tour with Cyhra in Japan, which is cool. Didn't think he'd tour with them again tbh.

Reactions: eochaid
Whilst we wait for news on Cyhra 3, here's Letters to Myself in instrumental form. I have to say a lot of these songs hit very differently for me without vocals. Not that they're better or worse, necessarily, just different. Really makes me appreciate Jesper's composition across the album. He did a great job.

Karma - definitely the most In Flames sounding track on the record

Heartrage - really cool instrumentally, but feels like it would have been a nightmare for Jake to work out vocal patterns for this one

Here to Save You
- funny how the vocals really make the chorus epic, without them it's basically just generic riffs

Muted Life
- did not notice the nice little guitar lines or keys during the verses beneath the vocals. I actually think this one does sound better without vocals. Sorry Jake!

Closure
- nice to listen to instrumentally, but the vocals definitely push this one up an extra level. The ending to this track is so awesome, the extra keys and the guitar track mimicking the vocal lines sound great - from about 03:40 onwards

Letter to Myself -
Probably the second most In Flames sounding song on the album

Dark Clarity
- Didn't notice how unique the drumming on this one was. Some really interesting stuff going on there

Holding Your Breath
- Listening to this one instrumentally makes you realise how much the vocals are carrying this one. Really, the guitar does nothing particularly interesting until the solo. Still nice to listen to though!

Rescue Ride
- Jake nailed the vocal melodies on the chorus for this one, for sure.

Black Wings
- Another one where the vocals make this sound so different. I think it sounds awesome either way, but definitely hits different when the vocals are added

Inside a Lullaby
- genuinely sounds like something that could have come off a movie soundtrack

Dead to Me - this one is so different to everything else on the album. Honestly not one of my favourites instrumentally or with vocals

Drumming and vocal melodies are awesome on the whole album. Some next lvl shit there.

But what the fuck happened with this band on the next album!? It's like they all had their brains removed in between the two recordings.

Ah well... At least we're ready to rumble. :)

By Jake's own admission he basically put NHIH together, so I guess that's your answer. That Jesper touch just isn't there like it is on LtM.

Even so. Vocals, choruses, drumming. Everything was as generic as possible.

Like two completely different bands.

By Jake's own admission he basically put NHIH together, so I guess that's your answer. That Jesper touch just isn't there like it is on LtM.

Even so. Vocals, choruses, drumming. Everything was as generic as possible.

Like two completely different bands.

Can't help but completely agree there, and at that point, what's the purpose of having those guys as your bandmates over anyone else?

Sounds like Galvanized is ready to rumbleeeee... But yeah, would have expected something else from Cyhra by now.

Reactions: galvanized
If you like empty songs void of creativity or passion then ready tuh rumbuhhlllll will be right up your alley. If you enjoy music that sounds like it actually had a tiny amount of thought put into it then it's not for you.

Reactions: eochaid
Well, when Jesper is properly involved, sure. Without him they've so far proved to be very basic songwriters.

Cyhra's next single is out on June 9th, 'Life is a Hurricane'.

What's the betting on another uninspired, generic black void of a song?