Cynic reunion

Etter said:
Yeah i red it some time ago... can't believe it really! Best band ever is back together (sorry Spiral Architect but Cynic is better ;) )
Only to bad that Sean Malone and Jason Gobal can't work it out and play.

Cynic without Jason Grobel and Sean Malone....:erk: This would upset me more if I actually owned their cd. Which I think I will buy this weekend:headbang:

You are lucky Asegir! They will only be touring Europe and maybe one or two shows in California. Since I live neither one of those places, I will surely miss this tech reunion.

Do any of you know whether this is a touring only reunion or if they have plans to do some recording?

I think it's only for touring. I'm not really interested in hearing a new Cynic album in 2007 or whatever. Masvidal and Reinert are both past their metal days, and wish to imitate Coldplay.

Paul said in one recent interview that he's still writing technical stuff and plans on releasing it some time. I don't believe it'll be under the name "Cynic" though.

Yeah, it's just one of those albums which is like legendary, :worship: but never seems to be anywhere, and stays off in the distance as legendary and I always forget to order it... One day... :erk:

Exactly, Eventually it will be assimilated into my collection but for now I have other cds on my hit list.

Yeah same. First on the list is Moonbabies, I MUST have that album very soon or I shall go INSANE!!!

Get universe as well!!! It is well worth the money. If you're in the mood drop by the Planet x message board. There are about 5 people who post there and it gets a little slow at times trying to find new things to talk about.:p

Also, new PX cd is coming out in a few months and it is titled Quantum!!

Awesome news mate!!! Yeah I'll stop by the messageboard later (I'm actually at work now... :lol: ) Who is playing guitar on the new one???

I sorta can't be bothered getting Universe, cos a lot of the songs are on 'Live From Oz', are there any awesome ones that are missed out on the live one???

Awesome news mate!!! Yeah I'll stop by the messageboard later (I'm actually at work now... :lol: ) Who is playing guitar on the new one???

I sorta can't be bothered getting Universe, cos a lot of the songs are on 'Live From Oz', are there any awesome ones that are missed out on the live one???

Allan Holdsworth is playing on 2 tracks and Brett Garsed is doing the rest.:headbang:

You are missing Bitch, King of the universe, chocolate and 2116. These are great songs but besides that the only difference between universe and LFO is UV is a lot heavier/darker and spacey sounding. I personally like live from oz out of the 2 because it was my introduction to planet x and it has a really great fusion feel, so to speak.