Cynic supporting Opeth?

wow holy shit!

cynic and opeth playing together would be fucking awesome, id LOVE to see paul playing

i like cynic but i dont really like aeon spoke at all. i remember the first time i heard cynic was when a friend was playing The Eagle Nature. i thought it sounded pretty average until the outro started, and i was blown away. i was really impressed with paul in particular and his leads, especially the first "clean" lead from veil of maya. top stuff

well had no idea cz i've been buried in late exams and work but yay! now i have to really start saving

Look at their myspace page and you will find that the answer is....no. I must admit, the demo they have on their myspace, is not so appealing. I wonder how their new album will sound.

come on, paul is such a great guitarist...and the vocals arent even that bad, well the growling is, but the robot vocals are pretty good i thought. from interviews and stuff paul masvidal seems to be a very odd guy

The robot vocals ruin the thing for me to be honest ... Well, I don't really get the big fuzz about this band anyway, also when I saw them live it was pretty boring (but that's perhaps because I don't know the songs well enough).

The Ocean will be the 2nd supporting band on that tour. First time ever I get to see Opeth with interesting support bands.:)

25th of november in de Melkweg in Amsterdam.. Can't wait! Hope they have The Lotus Eater in their set now...
And Cynic and The Ocean are really nice supports!

That's pretty good shit. Cynic is what kind of opened my mind up to bands like Opeth in the first place. Both bands are able to contrast between heavy and soft music while both being progressive at the same time. Just wish they where on the US leg.