Cynic?

Jack Frober

Lantern Bearer
Jul 10, 2004
Anyone listen to Cynic? They're pretty cool, you should check them out if you haven't

They rule. Great fucking band. The new album, Traced in Air, is one of the best I've heard in a while, and I had the pleasure of seeing them with Meshuggah in Chicago. Both are incredible live bands

Cynic rapes. Traced In Air is pretty good and Focus is easily one of the best albums in that whole technical metal genre thing.

fantastic band, focus is quite possibly my all time fav cd. traced in air kicks ass as well. not quite on the same level though.

Let's not forget about Portal. You won't find it in a retail location, but if you're lucky you can get it from a filesharing app.

For those that don't know, "Portal" was a project done after cynic disbanded in the early 90's. It was a progressive melodic jazz album with a female singer. It's definately worth searching for. I'll try to find and post more info later...

Traced In Air had a lot of weak tracks so, if they continue in that direction, I definitely agree. Focus was obviously badass though so yea.

Traced In Air had a lot of weak tracks so, if they continue in that direction, I definitely agree. Focus was obviously badass though so yea.

wouldnt rly go as far as calling them weak other than in comparison to the focus tracks. traced in air is like a ten times less complex album than focus but i mean, it basically rips the shit out of alot of music on its own.