D A N Z I G

Did you ever see that In Living Color with removing the stone from teacher's hand? Jim Carey had studied for years and couldn't remove the stone without his blind teacher snatching his hand back, then this totally laid back pimpin' black man on his first day comes up (either David Alan Grier or Tommy Davidson), and calmly reaches for it and of course gets it first try. Teacher is astounded and Jim Carey is shattered, I think he kills himself at the end of the skit. Makes me go :lol: and is probably making anyone reading this go :guh: but I'm entertained at least.

At least... I think it was In Living Color. Might have been SNL, but the memory is too funny for it to have been on that show. :loco:

:lol: I'm listening to Danzig I now and it's so obviously James in background, can't believe I never caught that! And no, he's not mentioned in the liner notes.

There's a Corrosion of Conformity song that James sings on uncreditted, Fuel off of Wiseblood. Is Elektra just super picky with letting him go out and play or something?

You know, there is something kinda sexy about Danzig 4. Some of it has that 'Sunday morning, laying around in bed with some hot chick from the night before' feel to it. The wife is getting a little obsessed with the Danzig sound too - she keeps playing "Can't Speak". She friggin' loves it! I like it too, but I prefer the following song, "Going down to Die". Shit, the whole album pulls me in.

I don't know the other Danzig albums, but '4' tells me that this is the kind of music Jim Morrison and Neil Young would have created together had they sold their souls to the devil. That same devil that took Robert Johnson down at them crossroads...

I remember the first time I heard Cantspeak I put it on repeat and just listened to it over and over again, everything about that song is just so incredible. All of Danzig's stuff has that very sexy vibe to it, most especially the first one.

By the way, if you ever decide to get a proper copy of 4p, it features a bonus track and the coolest band line-up photo I've ever seen. :D

JayKeeley said:
I don't know the other Danzig albums, but '4' tells me that this is the kind of music Jim Morrison and Neil Young would have created together had they sold their souls to the devil. That same devil that took Robert Johnson down at them crossroads...
I like that. III would certainly fit that description as well.

NAD said:
Anywho, here's my list:

Misfits boxset (4 discs)
Samhain boxset (5 discs)
s/t
II - Lucifuge
III - How the Gods Kill
III - How the Gods Kill (VHS boxset)
Dirty Black Summer single (has one extremely hard to find song, was worth the $30 I paid on eBay alone)
Black Aria
Thrall - Demonsweatlive
4p - (symbols translate to White Devil Rise [edit: no, they translate to DANZIG, White Devil Rise was the working title. Trivia brainfart.])
5 - Blackacidevil
5 - Blackacidevil internet only release (purple)
5 - Blackacidevil (re-release with bonus tracks)
6:66 - Satan's Child (limited edition w/ Martin Edmond artwork)
6:66 - Satan's Child (German sparkle edition)
Unspeakable single
Live On the Black Hand Side (2CD)
777 - I Luciferi

The only song I am missing is his cover of You and Me from the Less Than Zero soundtrack (I have the mp3 though, and it sucks), and the Misfits - Walk Among Us which has different recordings of songs I already have on the boxset. Also, I don't have the Sacrifice EP or the Crow III soundtrack but these just have remixes.

Yeah, I'm a Danzig nut. :loco:

EDIT: I also have the Danzig home video and the Archive de la Morte DVD, which is posolutely the worst fucking DVD in all of existence. :mad:
Pssttt... i don't know if you were referring to the quality of the You and Me mp3 sucking or only having in on mp3 sucking but if it's the former i can send you a quality version of it since i own the LtZ Sdtk, shhhh.. don't tell the RIAA. Besides the thing has been out of print for ages. I also have the Mother Digi Single for Mother '93 which has an Actual LIVE version of mother on it, the video version was merely a remixed studio version with the crowd tracked in, and also has When Death Had No Name. hmm i have the Sacrifice EP (original one) nothing special and the I Don't Mind the Pain single which if i'm not mistaken has 2 unreleased live songs on it... Hmm, several Misfit and Samhain boots as well in addition to the regular back cataloge of material.

Hey good, another Danzig nut. :D

I d/l that You and Me mp3 years ago and I remember not liking it, but I did only listen to it once so what do I know. I have When Death Had No Name on the Dirty Black Summer single, and that's probably one of my favorite Danzig songs now, I might have to track down that Mother single for the live version... thanks!

And yeah, that studio Mother '93 is so stupid, even with the fixed solo at the end it still sounds lame. ;)

Hmm. Well I'd love to know what I was thinking when I first heard that version of You and Me, because I'm currently becoming enthralled with it.

yes indeed, it is quite a nice song =) There's song called Cold Cold Rain out there floating about by Danzig from the Lucifuge sessions. It's not in too great of quality since the song was played over a telephone hotline for Eerie Von but you can still hear it and it sounds amazing. I hope Glenn puts out a b-side/unreleased album sometime with that on it. :D

That B-side collection is allegedly still forthcoming, just like Black Aria 2. Who knows when either will get released though. Ever check out http://www.the7thhouse.com ? It's not nearly as informative as Misfits Central, but does have more up to date info.

Yea i find it rather silly that 7th House is more up to date than Danzig's own site. I usually visit there occasionally to see what's going on since Danzig-Verotik.com sucks more or less. Let's hope that b-side album sees the light of day sometime in the near future.