D.A The Art of Dying liked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need that release. SOON.

Less experimental than Act III? I kinda liked that, for what it was....

Tell me more about the music...what's it comparable in their discography? Good thrashy base....what? more details please....

So wait.....Death Angel made a rock record and Mark took his voice in a
different direction and this record doesnt sound anything like Act III?

The songs DJ Will played during the Exodus webcast sounded like
bubble gum Radio Rock. YUCKO!

Did Death Angel make a *Metal* record?

estigma2001 said:
of course its metal and is more metal than act III , remember that act had funkie style, i love it:headbang:

I guess I'm just confused because you said it was more 'rock' oriented and
to me rock is Alice in Chains and Exodus is Metal.

I always thought there was a lot of groove happening in Act III, but if you
say funky the way I say groove than we're on the same page.

So, are those icky songs like "Thicker than Blood" the radio singles for
the new album? Are the other songs more like "Frolic Through the Park" then????

From what I heard of the new DA on the exodus webcast waiting for 3 hours in my chair for exodus to hit the stage. The art of dying is gonna be in my top 3 best releases of 2004 with Tempo of the damned. I'm curious as to whom will be in 3rd place.

Imagikafan said:
The new disc definitely sounds like a mix of Act III and Swarm material. I like it, but I was expecting something with a little more punch. "Thrown To The Wolves" and "Prophecy" are the crushers on this disc.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was expecting more 'punch'

Your reviews are always right on the mark. Thanks Imagikafan.

A rock record?? I'm surprised- after seeing them play mostly the Ultraviolence songs with great joy, precission and crowd response last year, I really thought the new album would be pure, old-school Thrash Metal. Rock's fine as long as it's death angel, but I'm a little disappointed. Will have to wait 'til I buy and listen to it to judge, though...

Get the new Blaze record!!!! IT SMOKES DEATH ANGEL 7 DIFFERENT WAYS TO SUNDAY! WOOOO!!!! Blaze's last couple discs have kicked Maiden's ass since NPFTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!