D&D animated series

Venger

New Metal Member
Mar 3, 2008
Is this band named after the Shadow Demon character from the 80s Dungeons and Dragons cartoon? It takes place in purgatory/hell by the way.

I was wondering when I would see the day that somebody would finally bring that up.

When I first came up with the band name I was not trying to name it after that character, however I immediately realized that connection and that pretty much solidified my decision for naming the band as such.

Congratulations for figuring that out. You are the first person to bring that up (at least to my attention) since the band came into existence. Of course, judging by your username it was only logical. :D

I don't recall that although I am sure I may have alluded to it at least. I don't think James or I have ever said anything about it directly. It's possible that Blaine may have mentioned it in some interview around the EP release for a magazine that no one probably read. Personally, I was waiting for someone else to bring it up.

There is at least one other reference of a similar fashion...ummm...somewhere....

I got the entire show recently in a DVD box set for $40 from Best Buy. It was well worth it. It even includes an episode guide, and an animated series handbook with D&D stats for all the characters including Venger and Shadow Demon.

december_dandd.gif

Satan is actually in the first episode on disc4 "The Dungeon at the Heart of Dawn". Satan is Venger's master by the way.

Shit. Sorry man! :lol:

I know we have talked about it before but it probably wasn't obvious. I'll explain something tomorrow that will probably make sense in hindsight.

Haha. That's hilarious.

On a side note: Most of what I am referring to are inside jokes/references. There are no songs that have themes based on this cartoon so don't go trying to read that into the lyrics or anything.

I will have to see if i still have the picture somewhere, but one time I was over at Tony from ex-Ara'Kus house and we were playing Doom online. I know you guys have all played that game. Anyway, i ended up getting killed by one of the invisible pinkys (or bull demons or whatever you want to call them) and it said "You have been killed by the Shadow Demon". I giggled.