Whats your side Shadow Demon?

Killbot_Mk.2

Goat raping salaminizer
Nov 25, 2005
Moncton. New Brunswick
Ahh this is still bugging the hell outa me. I post at abrasiverock.com im Filth fan there. Despite hearing that the band moved the forum here from mark and zach im still disapointed and can't bileve it. Whats your side Shadow Demon?:confused:

Killbot_Mk.2 said:
Ahh this is still bugging the hell outa me. I post at abrasiverock.com im Filth fan there. Despite hearing that the band moved the forum here from mark and zach im still disapointed and can't bileve it. Whats your side Shadow Demon?:confused:

Hey there Filth Fan! :)

Yes a few others have asked the same question. To make it easy (on myself mostly) I'm just going to repost my response from another thread:

DemonHelm said:
Well, obviously Abrasive Rock is going through some changes and, as is usually the case with major changes, when that happens you have to re-evaluate your situation. We were working closely with Mark on some big plans for AR's future, and we just felt that some of the changes that are happening are drifting away from the original direction that we wanted to pursue.

After some discussions with Mark we just felt that it was in our best interest to move on to something that we felt suited us better (for forum hosting at least) and we decided that something was Ultimate Metal. Rest assured, there are no hard feelings between us and AR and we wish all the best for AR's future.

As Mark pointed out on one thread in the AR forum:

Mark Carras said:
The Shadow Demon guys felt that with the name change that the band no longer felt we fit with what they wanted for their band. Part of why I am changing the name is total burn out. It was either shake things up to cure my burn out or I would have had to quit doing this. So I am shaking things up and as with any shake up, there is going to be fall out.

FTR-I would be shocked if we don't loose more people/bands before this shake up is done. People hate change. I had to have this change to be able to continue. Some have said that the name change was/is a mistake, but they refuse to understand that the other option was for me to quit.

Do I understand why they left. Yes! Shadow Demon wanted a more pure metal board for their forum. We are not, have never been, & never will be pure metal. They are a pure metal band and they are now on a pure metal forum. It fits! The new name of this site is more lighthearted/fun and they wanted a name that was more serious. I totally understand that. Are they missed? Yes. The good news is that we don't hate them and they don't hate us. Many members still post here and I do hope they continue. :thmbup

FTR-I did not remove any posts that were in their forum hosted here. I only moved them to this forum.

This was only part of the reason...as I mentioned there were more behind the scenes plans in the works that we started to feel just were not going to work out due to some changes, part of that being the new name (which will be revealed to all on January 1st).

Hope that clears it up some.

--Jeff

P.S. I moved these posts to a new thread since it was off topic.