D.T. / C.M. PRESS RELEASE - New album "CHARACTER" out January 24/25!

:hotjump:

Finally
- a DT album made in tribute to role-players. :p

"And the Lord did grin. And the people did feed upon the lambs and sloths and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats..."

Kovenant84 said:
Sits in shocked silence
At first, with my drowsy eyes, I read this as "Shits in socked silence" - and now the image of you at the toilet seat with a sock in your mouth (fitting perfectly with your signature-picture) doesn't want to leave my mind.

-Villain

Villain said:
At first, with my drowsy eyes, I read this as "Shits in socked silence" - and now the image of you at the toilet seat with a sock in your mouth (fitting perfectly with your signature-picture) doesn't want to leave my mind.
thanks for putting that image in my mind as well. :loco:

So, when the video for Lost To Apathy is released for TV audiences is it gonna get any play out here in the UK? Century media need to get more videos on Skuzz (Or other Alternative music televsion programmes). I was shocked to see Nocturnal Rites, Nevermore and DreamEvil had such impressive videos made for them, and they're never shown in the UK :( .

Nevermore...impressive videos? Every single one of them is boring (aside from Dane doing something interesting in some of them), and usually feature some fake-looking chick in them.
Monochromatic Stains is the way to go as far as videos are concerned. Not necessarily in terms of what they should look like, but they should develop or mirror the lyrics/mood/theme of the song in some way. I'm tired of droning metal vids with a couple hairy headbanging guys.

TheFourthHorseman said:
Nevermore...impressive videos? Every single one of them is boring (aside from Dane doing something interesting in some of them), and usually feature some fake-looking chick in them.
Monochromatic Stains is the way to go as far as videos are concerned. Not necessarily in terms of what they should look like, but they should develop or mirror the lyrics/mood/theme of the song in some way. I'm tired of droning metal vids with a couple hairy headbanging guys.

Good for you.

:Smug: my point was Century media make expensive and good videos, which dont get shown in the UK; I also asked why they dont. I agree the Nevermore Videos are pretty boring, but I doubt thats why they arn't shown on Scuzz.
:Smug:

Well? You said they were impressive. Don't try to be all smug. :p I don't really care why they aren't on Scuzz, hence why I posted about the quality of the videos.

I dont care too much about Nevermore videos either... but I do care about DT videos, that's why I asked; Making the comparison because they are lable mates.

By Impressive I meant generally expensive looking well made videos. I'll edit it if you want :p

if this isn't confidential;

The Endless Feed [Chaos Seed Remix] (3:56)

is "chaos seed" an addition to the song title or the one who remixed it?
if title: who made it? if alias: who is it? a band member or anyone else we might have heard of?

Delirious said:
is "chaos seed" an addition to the song title or the one who remixed it?
if title: who made it? if alias: who is it? a band member or anyone else we might have heard of?
it's an addition to the song title: the band is responsible for the remix and chose the title (after i mentioned to niklas a thing or two about how in the world of electronic music - where most remixes tend to happen - the names for the mixes of a song are chosen of late. but i claim no direct responsibility).

I'm wondering about the "special-priced" tag used here... I mean I'll be thankful to hear something in advance but it's a mere three song, one of which we'll get to hear on the album and another which is a remix... In my book spending more than 5 euros on the disc would be a financial suicide (just exaggerating a bit)... I know it's not up to DT and I mean no offense to anyone, but I don't think I'll buy the ep... in that same days are due out "Panopticon" and "FWX"... and I have a couple of hundreds of old discs still in the cart...

singles are like that, in a way, especially when it comes to metal/rock/pop artists. i guess they mostly target the collectors and the people who have heard the title track on the radio and don't want to bother buying the whole cd. clearly teh internet makes most of this more and more irrelevant...
aside from people who are new to the band, attentive listeners should probably buy lta because it's (a) out sooner than character, and (b) featuring interesting, diverse b-sides that might deserve a little more concentration than the one usually reserved to downloaded mcd's.

King Chaos said:
I want the EP because Im eager to hear the track. I am a bit of DT collector also (I want all the songs in some re-released form or another. I'm not too bothered about bootlegs, mega old demo's or Vinnyl).

to each his own... maybe if I were rich (as I plan to become in a very near future :D) I'd buy this ep... or maybe I'll buy it sometimes in the future if I find it used... like I did with Enter Suicidal Angels... I paid it the equivalent of 5 euro so it was quite worth it... but when it came out here in Italy was like 14 euro!!! no way man... I have to buy too many other albums (and books and comics, and evenings with friends, and cinemas, and shows...)!

just my two cents on the ep-thing... don't worry I'll buy Character the day it's out!

cheers

Strider said:
to each his own... maybe if I were rich (as I plan to become in a very near future :D) I'd buy this ep... or maybe I'll buy it sometimes in the future if I find it used... like I did with Enter Suicidal Angels... I paid it the equivalent of 5 euro so it was quite worth it... but when it came out here in Italy was like 14 euro!!! no way man... I have to buy too many other albums (and books and comics, and evenings with friends, and cinemas, and shows...)!
i guess i'll do the same. i've always thought of singles (and most of live albums) to be a total waste of energy, time and money. i'm eagerly awaiting 'character''s release, but i'll ignore this ep for now.

"special-priced" here* means "as much as a full album" or even more. yet i'll be buying it as soon as i find it..

*local record store.