Dally M awards tonight

Yeah, but how much in the newspapers? That's all AFL and cricket, innit?

You kids get a State of Origin next year, so I want all you Victorians to go to the game. Even though your state doesn't play in it.

Thank the Gods that the Lions aren't in the AFL finals - don't know if could put up with a fifth straight year of hearing about them.

AFL just makes no sense to me. I've tried watching it, I really have, but it's just... silly. And it's played by a bunch of girls who can't be bothered tackling (and when they do they get suspended for what, in the NRL, would be considered an average hit), and that whole thing where you get a point for MISSING a shot at goal just screams "special school sports day" to me.

Spiff said:
AFL just makes no sense to me. I've tried watching it, I really have, but it's just... silly. And it's played by a bunch of girls who can't be bothered tackling (and when they do they get suspended for what, in the NRL, would be considered an average hit), and that whole thing where you get a point for MISSING a shot at goal just screams "special school sports day" to me.
Can't be bothered doing the whole arguement thing again, we have all done that before, but come on, the reason it isn't all meat head tackles and stuff is because the game is more athletic. They don't get that physical in basketball, soccer or hockey either.

The reason a point is awarded for a behind is because it is often a case of the defensive players rushing the ball through the oppositions goal, to stop them from scoring. A point it awarded to the other team as punishment.

Coverage of Storm on channel 10 is pretty good, but on Channel 9 it's pathetic. They're lucky to get a brief snippet showing their result, and at most one try, after all the other stuff has been covered. Channel 9 don't give a shit about promoting the game - it's purely about ratings. But you knew that already....

Storm do get a bit of coverage in the papers, but nothing compared to the footy. Geelong are playing this weekend, so a lot of the focus here is on them.

The record crowd for a rugby league game used to be the State of Origin played down here in the mid 1990s, if I'm not wrong. It was surpassed by the 1999 grand final. I was at both, cos I rock.

Fuck, Trescothick just went out.

England is folding Winny! haha

(yes I realise I have spoken very early into the match)

Hehe yeah, a bit disappointing really. All out for 373, which is just over par really. I'm not overly confident.