Damage Done

Originally posted by Silentjohan
hey!

I didn't get DD today either.
BUT... I got a photo with the DT boys on it and it was signed by all of them! I would like to propose a toast to Thelix here on the forum who was at the signing session and did that for me(made them sign)...And sent the photo all the way up to Norrland(where I live).....

So... cheers man!
I owe you one!

Talking about the signing. Does anyone know how many persons who where there and wanted their copy signed? I know that I was there and got my copy of the mixed up booklet signed. I also got one of the last Damage Done posters :D I have it signed too, and now am I looking for a frame to put it in :D

I will buy the album in the next few days, but I need your opinion...

Is it still real DT, I read about a more agressive direction... with elements of "projector" and "haven"...

:confused:

Sure it kicks ass...:lol:

Thxs in advance... :) :D :cool: ;)

I think Niklas should change this forum's theme to that of Damage Done's.

I couldn't wait for my copy of Damage Done to arrive. I went and downloaded the songs via DirectConnect. I guess you could call it copies for your own personal use, or? I mean, the CD is on it's way already. Only I got the copies before I got the album. Oh well, I hope I won't hang for this... :D

Anyways, about Damage Done: I really enjoy this album. It's got more of the older, darker DT sound combined with what I so enjoyed (and still enjoy) about Projector and Haven. The mixture of dark and light, fury and harmony. I guess it'll take a bit of getting used to, but it'll be a nice walk down the road. :)

Jipiiiiii!!!!!:D

I got three Damage done in my mailbox this morning. I've got 2 and one is for Of silence embraced(who scored at some festival yesterday:lol: ).
I've listened to 10 songs and I am stunned. This is the best cd I've heard in a veeeery long time:eek:

The damage has done it for me!:headbang:

i've got it.
it's mine.
and no one's ever gonna take it away from me.
i will never, ever fall prey to the lures and charms of evil stealers of dark tranquillity records. never will the precious, enlightening presence of this spectacular item disappear from my very eyesight. from now on, damage done will assist me every waking hour and stand in silent watch by my side during the long cold winter nights.

rahvin. (pull the plug)

I finally got my copy of Damage Done in the mail and guess what? It's the corrupted version. Secs are missing on tracks 1 and 11. It's not too much of an annoyance though.

The booklet has Yen characters instead of apostrophes in the lyrics for Hours Passed In Exile. Oh well, I guess I'll keep it, should it become a collector's item. :)

My grades and comments on the songs:

- Final Resistance:
A wonderful song. You can't sit still when you hear it :)
9/10

- Hours Passed In Exile
Maybe my favourite song of the album. Great lyrics, great chorus, great everything!
9/10

- Monocromatic Stains
Sounds like a song that very well could fit in on Haven. A great song.
9/10

- Single Part of Two
Hmm, I wheather like it or dislike it.
7/10

- The Treason Wall
Maybe a little bit too "cheerful" (well, I don't know the right word in English for "glad/trallig"), but still a very good song.
8/10

- Format C: For Cortex
Superb, but the chorus is a little bit too repetetive/too often.
8/10

- Damage Done
I think that the last "part" of the song sounds too much like the ending of "At Loss For Words" - same chord structure.
7/10

- Cathode Ray Sunshine
Avarage.
7/10

- The Enemy
Avarage.
7/10

- I, Deception
It took me some time to start to like it, but hell yeah - it's a good song.
8/10

- White Noise/Black Silence
Avarage.
7/10

- Ex Nihilo
Not a bad album closer, but I don't love it.
7/10

I've "only" listened to the album about 8 times, so some songs might grow on me even more. IMO there are a little bit too many "avarage songs", but as I wrote earlier - it's still a very proper album and I'm pleased.

Damage Done is amazing, maybe even better than Haven, their masterpiece. Some comments:

- Final Resistance:
An excellent opener.
9/10

- Hours Passed In Exile
Absolutely stunning! One of their best songs ever!
10/10

- Monocromatic Stains
Great song, but probably one of the weakest.
9/10

- Single Part of Two.
One of the most Haven-like songs. Great guitar solo!
9/10

- The Treason Wall
Some funny electronics, and great vocal work!
9/10

- Format C: For Cortex
Killer song, but it`s just one annoying thing: Stanne pronouncing "just" in this typical swedish way. And so many times! Har alle svensker en talefeil? :)
9/10

- Damage Done
A little "boring" at the end, but still very good.
9/10

- Cathode Ray Sunshine
Absolutely great! I really love the chorus, and I would really like to hear this one live!
10/10

- The Enemy
At first I thought this was kinda weak, but it really develops each time I listen to it. There is something with the keyboards... ahh!
9/10

- I, Deception
Maybe the weakest part of the album, and it turned out not to be a bonus-track anyway...? Well, very good, anyway.
8/10

- White Noise/Black Silence
Great title! And the guitars fuckin`rules!
9/10

- Ex Nihilo
Good instrumental, but a bit too long?
8/10

This will certainly be my Album of the year, as always when it comes to DT.