damn, humankind...

why would people feel compelled to kill each other? I've never understood it, and probably never will... I mean, in the Bible, my Qur'an, and the Torah/Talmud... killing is urged when times call for it... but I just don't see it's point. The greatest victory is a bloodless one.

Did anybody see that show on Sky1 last night about the huge amount of guns in America. It was REALLY depressing! They had some redneck hick explain the finer points of modern civilization!? "an armed society is a peaceful sociey"!? SUCH BACKWARD THINKING IS IMPOSIBLE FOR ME TO EVER UNDERSTAND! The whole terrorist thing is horrible. Im really getting sick of tv. The world seems to be falling apart.

Yeah, watching news and documentaries on tv can be very numbing these days, but for the media only bad news are good news anyway. Fortunately, the world isn't merely populated by dumb fucks who strive to kill each other. The general selection of topics makes one think so, though.

yeah, we aren't lost at all...
but it is really sad...

i have been thinking about the usual "aah well you do the right thing, make peace and love blah blah blah..." but that is not fuckin enough...!!

as long as the few fuckin ones that rule the world keep fighting our labor will be useless....

what do u think...can we somehow help to change these things?

Jinn said:
why would people feel compelled to kill each other? I've never understood it, and probably never will... I mean, in the Bible, my Qur'an, and the Torah/Talmud... killing is urged when times call for it... but I just don't see it's point. The greatest victory is a bloodless one.

... killing is urged when times call for it...

like in what kind of situation?

It is a sad situation over there. I dont think the U.S. is helping anything. We should pull out of there, it is incredibly obvious that we are not wanted. Our government is so blind, all they see is opportunities for still more control. It is becoming clearer and clearer why the world looks down on us. Our country used to be respectable, but I cant respect my own country anymore. The worst is yet to come I fear, we hav'nt seen the beginning of carnage. As much as I hate to see what is going on in the middle east I think we have brought much of this on ourselves with our power hungry attitude. The government sees themself as a superpower. They should be humble and giving of themselves, but all they do is take under the guise of helping.

Deliverance6 said:
It is a sad situation over there. I dont think the U.S. is helping anything. We should pull out of there, it is incredibly obvious that we are not wanted. Our government is so blind, all they see is opportunities for still more control. It is becoming clearer and clearer why the world looks down on us. Our country used to be respectable, but I cant respect my own country anymore. The worst is yet to come I fear, we hav'nt seen the beginning of carnage. As much as I hate to see what is going on in the middle east I think we have brought much of this on ourselves with our power hungry attitude. The government sees themself as a superpower. They should be humble and giving of themselves, but all they do is take under the guise of helping.
Agreed. The U.S. would only be accepted by all those ethnic groups if they truly could be regarded as a neutral force which aims for the expansion of democracy. But your last sentence says it all.

valafar said:
... killing is urged when times call for it...

like in what kind of situation?

Well, in the Bible... it's usually whenever some population pisses God off by killing a few of His people.

In the Talmud, if you are a Jew and you are struck by a non Jew, you can kill him. [if you want verses, I'll give them]

In the Qur'an, it's times of Jihad - which means 'to struggle' and not 'holy war.' Jihad is only initiated when all possible means of solving the conflict are exhausted...

I also agree with Deliverance. Everyone in Iraq wants us gone, so why don't we just leave? It is their country, they should do whatever they want with it. I understand why we went over there in the first place, but now...it seems like we are just...butting in. Well said Deliverance.

I see you don't know what happens in Israel.
I feel ashamed to live here, everyone is a redneck that want's to kill all the arabians, and that's just stupid! Jew were saved from the holocoust only so they would want to make a holocoust to arabians?! Everytime I say things like "We should stop annoying the phalastinians" or "we have to make peace with them" people call me an Arabian-Lover. It's a shame.

nameless said:
I see you don't know what happens in Israel.
I feel ashamed to live here, everyone is a redneck that want's to kill all the arabians, and that's just stupid! Jew were saved from the holocoust only so they would want to make a holocoust to arabians?! Everytime I say things like "We should stop annoying the phalastinians" or "we have to make peace with them" people call me an Arabian-Lover. It's a shame.

While music is the universal language, our God talk just seems
to stir things up.
Mabey the reason things are so messed up over there is because
we(USA) are sticking our two cents in all of the damn time.
And this Iraq thing is about oil man. If we did not have automobiles and
electricity, I don't think we would be there. Our dependance on
these fuckin' machines that take us from here to there in a damn hurry
are what the problem is. We are so spoiled . We have to have Air Conditioning, washing machines, clothes dryers, dishwashers,
computers, phones, ( should I go on and on?).
The world is just a bunch of pussies arguing over the means to make
us pussies!!!
Hope that makes some sense. JMTC

WaterVoice0312 said:
Indeed it is. Are things really that bad over there? I heard it was settling down...
Not only the kids are like that, my sister heared two people argue on politics, so she heared the women said "ערבי טוב זה ערבי מת", meaning "Good arabain is a dead arabian". People hate Sharon but vote for him every freaken 4 years.

nameless said:
Not only the kids are like that, my sister heared two people argue on politics, so she heared the women said "ערבי טוב זה ערבי מת", meaning "Good arabain is a dead arabian". People hate Sharon but vote for him every freaken 4 years.

Since I am completely uneducated on the subject of things "over there" I am interested to know what you think of us (U.S.)? Are we diong anything positive in your opinion? What do YOU think our motives are for being there?
Do you think we can bring any peace? I cant imagine your world there. Although I spent about 10 years in Detroit ( a city where far more people are killed each year than in all of canada, thus the name MURDER CITY) I think the reasoning where you are is very different.

I dont know. I just wanted your take on things. The world is a very mixed up place these days, I mean what happened to patience, tolerace, acceptance, brotherhood, and dare I say love? I cant live with all that hate in me anymore, I found it to make me a miserable person. Is the world really full of people as miserable as I was, because if so I am truly sorry for the world.
When the hopes and dreams of our leaders amount to power and wealth this is what we get- hate-

Its 3 in the A.M. sorry everyone -for rambling on like an idiot.

you know what's really funny about the whole Iraqi sovereignty is that the US says that Iraq is now running itself, yet when groups of Iraqi citizens.. oops, I mean 'Insurgents' attack Americans.
1. We invaded them and THEYRE the bad guys?
2. They have every right to attack the Americans, whether pro-saddam [getting invaders out of the country] or anti saddam [it's their country now, let them run it]

Damn this world is fucked up sometimes.

one more demon to expell, and I'm not Anti-Israel or a Palestinian supporter, I have a hard time believing the Israelies are innocent when the Israeli army uses Palestinian Children as Human Shields. Ok, that's off my chest.

don't mind me ya'll :p, not awake yet.

For the one above me - WTF?! WHO'S THE DUMB IDIOT THAT TOLD YOU ISRAELI SODIERS USE PHALASTINIANS KIDS AS ARMORS?! Israel is no that innocent, and also the phalsstinians are innocent. Both sides are guilty. But israel is guilty, even more of the phalastinians. Phalastinians are fighting for their rights, but they're killing citizens, and attacking citizens is an illegal move, by the UN - that Israel is sighned on that paper. Israel, on the other hand - is destroying, killing, attacking, taking people's rights and I can go on. BUT THEY DEFENNETLY DON'T USE KIDS AS ARMORS!

Deliverance6 said:
Since I am completely uneducated on the subject of things "over there" I am interested to know what you think of us (U.S.)? Are we diong anything positive in your opinion? USA got into Iraq only for the oil. Why do you think they aren't attacking Iran? No oil. What do YOU think our motives are for being there? Oil, and revenge. when Goerge W.H. Bush (Father of Goerge W. Bush) fought in Iraq, 5 years have past. Klinton went to be president, and Sadam laught on Gourge that Gourge went an Sadam stayed. When Goerge W. Bush became president, he revenged for his father.
Do you think we can bring any peace? "Fighting For Peace Is Like Fucking For Virginity"

nameless said:

wow, that's really shocking man...
to think that someone is better dead...u need to be really mad, suffering...